06' or 07' Mitsubishi Eclipse.. Anyone have one or know anyone w/one? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

06' or 07' Mitsubishi Eclipse.. Anyone have one or know anyone w/one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06' or 07' Mitsubishi Eclipse.. Anyone have one or know anyone w/one?

I test drove one today and I think I have finally found my next commuter vehicle. Damn, they are NICE. I'm not sure which I'd go with. I'd love to get the GT (262 hp) :drool: but it might be more practical (and cheaper) for me to go with the 2.4L 4 cylinder. Either way, it's a sweet car. Anyone know anything about them, good or bad.. please chime in. Thanks.

Here's the one I "almost" got, but it sold yesterday cuz it was a KILLER deal.:(
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=35
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: 06' or 07' Mitsubishi Eclipse.. Anyone have one or know anyone w/one?

I have driven one through work. Cool car with the bump shift. seemed like a pretty decent car
    Last edited by BLLDOGG; 02-20-2007, 11:12 PM.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i've seen a few at school and i kinda like them... a little, but not enough to buy one. I haven't talked to anyone that has one but i'd say it would be great for a comuter car.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

pretty quick even the autos. seen one at the track run 14.2. i hate the look of them still.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

it looks pretty nice...looks comfortable. I'm not a fan of the styling, but it looks better in other colors..i'd have to go with black. I don't know that i will ever own a car in anything other than black.. :p
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Guy at works got one. Pays out the nose for it... $400something a month! Nice little car, 1000 times better than the previous generation.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Cool, thanks for the replies.. it's the best car I've tested so far that fits the enitire bill in terms of safety, gas mileage, trunk space and sporty looks. They did a nice job on that car. Most come with a 650 watt stereo and some very nice (racing-look) seats and gauges in the interior that are chrome trimmed. The console is nice and big and it has the triptonic auto that you can shift. The side windows are a bit small but I notice that a lot of cars are being built like that now. The only issue I had was that the rear decklid sits high and there isn't much window out back to see out of when reversing. I only tested the GS. I still want to test a GT. Oh, yeah, 100,000 mile or 10 years warranty.

I've also driven a Cobalt, Scion TC, Celica GT and a GTS. I wanted a Cobalt, but everytime I look at them, I think they are butt ugly and cheap. The tack-on rear spoiler and fat body doesn't do it for me. I only tested a base Cobalt and was extremely disappointed. The Celicas were decent but there are some blind spots and I didn't feel real comfortable in it. Any other suggestions as to which cars I should try are welcome. :)
              2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

their rear end is ugly, too round for me (kinda like that other 4th gen fbody ;))...everything else appearance wise looks real good tho

what about a new civic SI?
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

yeah i was thinking a civic as well, i would be all for that... if you were considering a celica.. then def civic > celica imo

Comment

how about the pontiac G5 GT....same body as the cobalt...but a much sportier and sleaker look to it

Comment

I can tell you one thing:
                      If you ever wanted to for some ungodly reason, get in an accident with a 1995 Civic hatchback, You will win. (I can attest :spank: )

Besides that, they are pretty nice cars. They have relitavley similar rear leg room to our cars.

Comment

theyre better than the 3rd gens, not nearly as sweet as the 2nd
                        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

my sister hasthe 07 2.4 4 cyl one... its black ..pretty decent car im not a fan of the styling ..but for a 4cyl it is pretty quick.... i say go for it
                          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by J1Avs
                            how about the pontiac G5 GT....same body as the cobalt...but a much sportier and sleaker look to it
                            This is my next choice. :) Haven't driven one yet though. As for the Civic, I've looked at them and they are nice. Only thing is, where I work, the Hondas get stolen and broken into a lot so that's swayed me from leaning towards a Civic.
                            2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
                              my sister hasthe 07 2.4 4 cyl one... its black ..pretty decent car im not a fan of the styling ..but for a 4cyl it is pretty quick.... i say go for it
                              How much did she pay, if you don't mind me asking? The dealer was trying to sell me a silver GS yesterday for $23,400. That seems too high.

I noticed off the line the 4 cylinder MOVES. (Must be the gearing). But you need to floor the pedal to get decent pickup in mid range/high end. I was already thinking: what do I need to add to give this thing a little more power. The car is pretty heavy: around 3300 lbs. so 162 hp/162 tq is only adequate. Unless I get a real good deal, I may say the hell with it and eventually opt for a slightly used GT if I can find a decent one.
                              2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X