350 LS1 for sale on eBay: I'm tempted - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

350 LS1 for sale on eBay: I'm tempted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350 LS1 for sale on eBay: I'm tempted

Just toying with the idea here, I have 2 hrs left to decide here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-Ca...85361565QQrdZ1

Looks like a good bolt on for my '88 IROC Z-28. May have to fab an air intake afterwards. My head is swimming with ideas now...nearly 300HP or more with mods for cheap Chevrolet Power to go!:drool:
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Re: 350 LS1 for sale on eBay: I'm tempted

thats not a horrible price. wish i had time to do a swap
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

He also is listing the accompanying transmission on a separate auction too.

Even if I don't do the swap, there's always time to start modding the LS1 on an engine stand and increase my knowledge of these lethal motors. Sounds like fun!

As every minute ticks away I am getting jittery and my checkbook says there's no stopping me lol. Oh man...

I can't even think about what this would be like shoehorned in my '96 Camaro.

Time will tell. I am just weighing the pros & cons here, no cons except I broke even on my taxes.
      Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

good find .........you got 1 hour 10 mins to decide ..........even though it has 86k , if you think it'll be cool;therefore get it! ...........you only live once! ;)

//threadjack, i am just curious , those v6 owners with ls1/lt1 swap, how do you guys pass the emission inspection? Isn't there is a diff. emission number for each engine/model? //threadjack

:)
        Last edited by kala; 02-19-2007, 07:29 PM.
        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Well 45 min left here, I tacked on $500 due to freight shipping & my location being over 1300 miles away. Plus the possibility of the current bid at $1450 to jack up another $500 by auctions end. Hmm I will be cautious here. That crate better be boxed instead of bare like the pic shown.

Comment

Originally posted by kala
            //threadjack, i am just curious , those v6 owners with ls1/lt1 swap, how do you guys pass the emission inspection? Isn't there is a diff. emission number for each engine/model? //threadjack
            Here in Alaska as long as you still have a cat and the vehicle passes they dont care.

Comment

so did you win??

Comment

I got outbid twice at $1500 & $1550. I guess I gave myself a raise.

Somebody was desperate for that badass LS1 motor!

Comment

I bought it *****es

J/k :p

Besides, its a scam. We all know that LS1s are 346s and if you do not read the details, you'll get scammed. :D
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

BLLDOGG, please explain the scam details. I knew about the 346cc from LS1 tech's website but what other things should we have known? We trust you will enlighten us.

I still like the fact that the LS1 was very well designed to have that much power to adorn the Corvettes engine bay. However, you can't argue with an LS1 in a Camaro or Trans Am and call it a scam, detuned or not.

Comment

i got an LT1 for my birdy :excited: you shoudl too .. i spent so far

Motor with all accessories except ecm and wireing harness And 40k on the clock -$900

Ecm-$50

Wireing harness full-$75

Long Tube Headers $470

Cross member and all other **** -free or not needed
                      Total for the swap WITH lt's = $1495 thats $1025 with out the headers which wernt needed .. **** spending 1500 on the motor alone..lol .. even though lt1s are opti killers .. its cheaper and u can get just as much out of it
                      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-E...QQcmdZViewItem here is another one for you

Comment

Originally posted by 96RS Alex
                          BLLDOGG, please explain the scam details. I knew about the 346cc from LS1 tech's website but what other things should we have known? We trust you will enlighten us.

I still like the fact that the LS1 was very well designed to have that much power to adorn the Corvettes engine bay. However, you can't argue with an LS1 in a Camaro or Trans Am and call it a scam, detuned or not.
                          I wasn't serious about it being a scam. just BSing and whoring. :p
                          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

It sold for pretty cheap...

you can still buy them off of places like www.tacreationsusa.com and other used part dealers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X