My Girlfriend wrecked her car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Girlfriend wrecked her car....

kinda .. nothign serious she just backed out of her driveway and hit her dads truck ...she was pissssssed .. her dads truck doesnt even have a scratch but she cracked her bumper pretty good one one side and broke her corner light .. she wants me to fix it which i dont have a problem with but u guys have any idea what would be the cheapest way for this? where to get a cheaper bumper and light and **** .. and any idea how much a bumper will cost to paint... shes on a really low spending limit and might not be able to fix it till spring if it cost to much ... any ideas? btw its an 03 Eclipse lol
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Re: My Girlfriend wrecked her car....

call up junk yards.. things like bumpers and corners are fine to get at places like that.. and if you call around enough, you might even find a bumper cover in the same color.

besides that, ebay..
    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

cheapest i found on ebay was liek 130 plus shipping ... she is the kidna person who shys away from junkyards to but if she wants me to fix it ill just call up and ask anyways .. junkyard paint though itd prolly be scratched all to hell wouldnt it ?
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Junkyards get a bad name... literally. Salvage yards are better for getting parts from newer model cars. Usually parts are half of dealer retail and in decent shape. The bumper, I would get one without it being beat up, and have a body shop reshot it.

Oh.. and I would just fix the tail light now.. wait on the bumper until spring... wouldn't want to have someone tag a freshly painted bumper when snow falls again...
        FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
        Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
        Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Psssh, typical women driver.. hits a stationary vehicle... :shakes head:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by TealV6
            Junkyards get a bad name... literally. Salvage yards are better for getting parts from newer model cars. Usually parts are half of dealer retail and in decent shape. The bumper, I would get one without it being beat up, and have a body shop reshot it.

Oh.. and I would just fix the tail light now.. wait on the bumper until spring... wouldn't want to have someone tag a freshly painted bumper when snow falls again...
            Its not the tail light its the little oval light under it the reverse and turnsignal one ... and i think shes waiting till spring to paint it

Originally posted by Fireball27
            Psssh, typical women driver.. hits a stationary vehicle... :shakes head:
            haha she slipped ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
              cheapest i found on ebay was liek 130 plus shipping ... she is the kidna person who shys away from junkyards to but if she wants me to fix it ill just call up and ask anyways .. junkyard paint though itd prolly be scratched all to hell wouldnt it ?
              i'd call around to see if any of the local yards have a few of that type of car in stock.. hell man, there's probably 3-5 yards in our area.. if all else fails, there's harry's u pull it in hazelton.. they got pretty much everything.. id start with any place that has more than one of the car (if possible) and just pull the cover that is the nicest. I've seen some decent looking stuff in the boneyard. and those cars arent that hard to take the cover off of. Its def. worth the time to check, seeing as it could save you a hundred bucks or more to have it painted.

i would have no qualms with puttin a salvaged bumper cover or tail light on my car, as long as it was in good shape. its not like they wear our or anything..
              Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Find the local ricer board and ask on there. I'm sure someone with another '03 has bodykitted theirs and has the original laying around somewhere.
                Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X