X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky to be here!!!!

Bad news...
    ill post pictures of my car in a day or two.

I was being "COOL" and racing...as the bend was comming around the tire blew out, that brings my car into a RailRoad Crossing sign.

Rips my door panel off (fiberglass) and my t-top totally off. All i came out with is a "slighty" cut ear.

For those of you that think street racing is "COOL" think again...just cause you may think you can drive "good and fast like a pro" DOES NOT mean you can actually do it. Im not saying im the best but ive had experience on courses.

I will not lie to you, life hits you hard after something like this happens..My head was within inches of being Sheared off...The T-top was ripped all the way off lock and all....

The after effects shows that this was not my time to die, so I know there is something for me to do here on this Earth. I will not preach to you..(I barely goto church)..But its never to late to thank the man upstairs for your life today. Mine was almost ended tonight.

Im now looking for a Driver Side T-Top for a 2000 Firebird. Any one willing to part let me know...

Thanks for reading,
    ~Brandon F~

Re: Lucky to be here!!!!

Originally posted by slpbirdy00
    Bad news...
    ill post pictures of my car in a day or two.

I was being "COOL" and racing...as the bend was comming around the tire blew out, that brings my car into a RailRoad Crossing sign.

Rips my door panel off (fiberglass) and my t-top totally off. All i came out with is a "slighty" cut ear.

For those of you that think street racing is "COOL" think again...just cause you may think you can drive "good and fast like a pro" DOES NOT mean you can actually do it. Im not saying im the best but ive had experience on courses.

I will not lie to you, life hits you hard after something like this happens..My head was within inches of being Sheared off...The T-top was ripped all the way off lock and all....

The after effects shows that this was not my time to die, so I know there is something for me to do here on this Earth. I will not preach to you..(I barely goto church)..But its never to late to thank the man upstairs for your life today. Mine was almost ended tonight.

Im now looking for a Driver Side T-Top for a 2000 Firebird. Any one willing to part let me know...

Thanks for reading,
    ~Brandon F~
    glad to hear you are ok after that, and you know it now...street racing does not pay off.

Comment

SlpBirdy00 Previous post:
      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=74098

Good thing your tire didnt blow at that speed.

You should probably watch what your doing from now on, goodluck with the car.
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

its things like this that make the kill story section being shutdown a good thing. street racing is stupid. sucks you had to learn that the way you did but im sure that drove home the point.

sorry to hear dude, at least your okay and learned from it. the car can be replaced life cant.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Mine can't be replaced no $$ ; ) Seriously though take it to the track, driving fast is fun and all but I think the few seconds of fun going fast would not compare the the tons of sex you can have later in your life if you drive the speed limit.

Comment

didnt read the replys.... doenst matter, just glad ur okay and u learned ur lesson..... just wish more people could learn "thier lesson" w/o having to go through such a situation

Comment

what kind of tires were you on? what was the tread condition?
              did the tire blow out when you hit a curb?

Comment

Originally posted by BobDoLe
                what kind of tires were you on? what was the tread condition?
                did the tire blow out when you hit a curb?
                Goodyear Eagles...good condition...no curb

The car runs just the like it did 2 days ago.

Thanks guys for the replys...yea sucks I did have to learn that way...But I defiantly "DID" learn my lesson.

Time to teach other not to do it now....
                Last edited by slpbirdy00; 02-17-2007, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear. Glad you're ok though. Best of luck with everything.
                  2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                  1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                  2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                  2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

The biggest thing is that you are ok. I think most of us are hard headed and learn the same way. My son totaled my first Firebird last Sept. He and his friend got a few stiches but nothing major. Last week he said he had to come straight with me, he was racing his friend. I told him I knew all along but was proud of him for comming clean. I guess the thing I'm happy about it that he learned what can happen with out taking some ones life.
                    2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

Originally posted by slpbirdy00
                      yea sucks I did have to learn that way...But I defiantly "DID" learn my lesson.

Time to teach other not to do it now....
                      now, that's the spirit! ........... :tup:

:)
                      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Glad to hear that you did not get seriously hurt.

Comment

glad to hear you are ok. And whoever said life was important or anything more than that lied to you. Life sucks, be glad you are ok though, because life sucks even worse being handicapped, trust me.

Comment

where r the pics?

87 Firebird RIP
                            96 Camaro RS RIP
                            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
                              where r the pics?
                              there comming i promise...forgot my camera at a different house...

So there will be some up tomorrow...Promised.....even if they suck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X