09 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 camaro

yeah yeah, i know.. another new camaro thread.. sorry guys..

just wondering... anyone heard anything yet on advanced orders for these things? i've been trying to keep track of it, but i havent actualy heard when they'll start taking orders.. as long as the price aint thru the roof for the options i want, im def. thinking bout getting one when they are released..
    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Re: 09 camaro

I was at the Chevy Dealer last Friday asking this same question. The manager told me that even though the sticker price may be about 32k for the options I'm looking for, the introductory year of the new camaro will have what's called "ADP" (Additional Dealer Profit). Which basically is the dealer marks up the price because of the demand.:mad: After the vehicle has been out for a little while, the price will go back down to sticker price.

Not just that, even if the camaro DOES go for sticker price, they won't work any deals for lowering the price because the next guy in line will buy it as-is.
    Last edited by hockeyman; 02-16-2007, 09:50 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, sorry, but to asnwer your question; Orders aren't being accepted yet. At least...that's what he told me. I'm guessing they will begin taking orders the summer before the car is released. Dunno...
      sigpic

Comment

Orders aren't being taken, however, certain dealers are taking deposits to be placed in their ordering que. (Check Detroit)

I've heard you'll actually be able to order in March '08.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Dealer mark ups > real world value :(
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

i'm pretty confident that production will start on 1-1-09 and there will be a production volume of somewhere in the neighborhood of 25,xxx. and every year thereafter they'll be planning on 85-90k. thats just word on the street tho ;)
            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

sweet... yeah, ive been keeping an eye on this.. id like to get one of the first ones off the lot, but ill be damned if i pay 10-20k more just to have one of the first ones.. id rather wait a few months til the price calms down a bit.. nad if im buyin one, its gonna be exactly as i want it, not just what is available..

so yeah, i was just wondering what everyone had heard.. thanks for the info!
              Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

they've been talking about this over at cz28.com (at least on the podcast). They were saying that some dealers were taking deposits for the car, you just have to find the ones who are. Im sure if you go find one who is you will pay for it. Youre better off waiting a bit longer and getting one at sticker price. I doubt youll find anyone taking orders without the premium.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X