You have a future attorney in your midst - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have a future attorney in your midst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have a future attorney in your midst

I just got into law school!

14k a year scholarship at Oklahoma City University, and tuition is 25k total, so I'll **only** be looking at around 33k in debt after I'm done. Now I just have to graduate. I don't know what to think, I pretty much knew I was going to get in, but the scholarship really excited me.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Re: You have a future attorney in your midst

Congrats! I will, without a doubt, be going into the computer/technical industry. I have been a major electronics geek since I was 8, when I first started fixing home stereo's and receivers.

Good luck! :tup:

Comment

Congrats bro!
      My wife went through Penn State for 4 years and she's...'we' are down to about 200k still in the hole from it, but it was definately worth it!

Good luck with everything!
      sigpic

Comment

good luck man.. thats not a bad profession to get into these days.. you'll have a lot of options once you get out, almost all of which will allow you to be quite comfortable financially.. it might be hell gettin thru the classes, but itll be worth it once you do..

congrats!
        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

$33k is nothing if you land a good job, and you do something you love. I owed $40K when I graduated. It was hard at first, then as I made more I paid double payments. I finished paying them off after 9 years.

oh and Congrats! :banana:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

congrats. now a lot of people know who to call when they get caught drag racing and lose their cars
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Congratulations man. That scholarship is very very helpful. I graduated with almost 60K owed back in loans :(
              <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

good for youm :)
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

can you get me off probation?
                  2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                  2006 S60- Sold
                  2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Congrats. Be sure to add the cost of books. Books cost ton$$. Theres nothing like 'free' money.
                    Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

congrats again....law school, whew

Comment

Good luck!

....student loans suck
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Not to rub it in, but I don't know how you guys pay that much for school. I can't even imagine that kind of debt.

I'm graduating from McGill University at the end of this semester with a BA in Sociology. McGill is Canada's number one ranked University, its ranked 21st in the world, and considered Canada's only Ivy-League school.

The best part is that I pay only $1,300 per semester and will finish my undergraduate degree with no debt. This is all thanks to the fact that Quebec has had a freeze on tuition since the 1960's and I was lucky enough to have been born in this province and don't pay 'out of Province' rates.

I'm really not trying to gloat about my school or anything...most of its reputation is in the Sciences and the Faculty of Arts is lacking in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz
                            I just got into law school!

14k a year scholarship at Oklahoma City University, and tuition is 25k total, so I'll **only** be looking at around 33k in debt after I'm done. Now I just have to graduate. I don't know what to think, I pretty much knew I was going to get in, but the scholarship really excited me.
                            just when i thought the world couldn't get any worse.... Just playing, good luck :) :tup:
                            Last edited by Tradition_F; 02-16-2007, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
                              Not to rub it in, but I don't know how you guys pay that much for school. I can't even imagine that kind of debt.
                              What I'll have won't be that much debt, it'll be paid off in a few years and then the rewards start coming. You get what you pay for (at least here in the US), there's a reason education isn't cheap. Plus, graduate school is just plain more expensive than undergrad. In my opinion freezes on tuition can't be that great: imagine if Harvard tuition was only $1300 per semester. That's what student loans are for: if you show your stuff and succeed then you will be able to pay off the debts.

Thanks for the responses guys, but I can't get anyone off probation yet! See me in three or four years, lol :)
                              Last edited by Camarorulz; 02-17-2007, 10:10 AM.
                              -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X