I hate having a flood car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate having a flood car

I love my Camaro, but I hate the fact it has a flood title. My car is in excellent shape, ecspecially for it's age/mileage. But, the flood title kills its value. So, when I want to upgrade to a V8(which i really do), I'm pretty much stuck with it. I had a dealer offer me $2,000 for it. I wish there was an inspection that would clear the car's title. I'm living in dream land, lol. Well, I shouldn't complain, I have a super nice/clean car and I got it for really cheap. I should learn to live with it. However, my need for speed is taking me over. Sorry, wanted to rant. Hell, it's 1:30am, and I'm bored.

Re: I hate having a flood car

Originally posted by Slvrcamaro00
    So, when I want to upgrade to a V8(which i really do), I'm pretty much stuck with it.
    As opposed to what...going back to a V6 later on? Not worth the time and effort to me. Once a V8 is dropped in, keep it that way. Comparing to a Flood Title, you really can't lose too much more value on the car.
    sigpic

Comment

I think he ment sell the 6er and buy a V8, not do the swap in his own car.

Comment

i've been looking hard for a nice ls1 camaro convertible, but they all look like @ss.
        they either do not have leather interior, or the colors suck, or the wheels suck, or they want a good 10k more than i paid for my v6, etc...

if i have to drive the thing across a few states to get what i'm looking for, i will.
        a 2002 is now 5+ years old. they shouldn't be holding value like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BobDoLe
          i've been looking hard for a nice ls1 camaro convertible, but they all look like @ss.
          they either do not have leather interior, or the colors suck, or the wheels suck, or they want a good 10k more than i paid for my v6, etc...

if i have to drive the thing across a few states to get what i'm looking for, i will.
          well a 2002 has also been out of production for 5 years now also, think about that ;)
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

when was in a flood? jw
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i know what ur sayin about a bad titled car...i have a salvage title on mine...its worth nothin really lol

87 Firebird RIP
              96 Camaro RS RIP
              94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
              02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
                i know what ur sayin about a bad titled car...i have a salvage title on mine...its worth nothin really lol
                me too, thats why when i first got it i looked into an ls1 swap. might as well, id never get anything out of it selling it.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i don't see what the big problem is. you got it for a low price and you will sell it for a low price. no one ever makes money selling a car.
                  94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Predator Bird
                    i don't see what the big problem is. you got it for a low price and you will sell it for a low price. no one ever makes money selling a car.
                    I know, but I paid 6k for it, and I can only get like 2k. BTW, I meant sell the V6 for the V8, not a swap. I'm glad someone can relate to my situation(SilverRS96).

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                      when was in a flood? jw
                      Somewhere in Harleysville, PA. I don't know if it was a real flood. I was told it was stolen without the tops on and left parked. Then it poored in the interior and ruined it. However, the car recieved a junk title, meaning it wasn't road worthy. I don't think a wet interior would do that. So I don't really know, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator Bird
                        wrong...I specifically buy and sell cars just to make money

As for the camaro, if it runs and drives good you might find someone out there that will buy it, just you need to be able to have some explaining/convincing to do
                        1999 Camaro Z/28
                        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by BobDoLe

Yea, as F-bizzle said thats cuz its been out of production for 5 years. Once that new camaro shows up prices on the 4th gens will drop like a stone.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                          R.I.P. '07 Pats
                          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

doubt that, i bet 4th gens hold the same value, more so for the firebird.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                              doubt that, i bet 4th gens hold the same value, more so for the firebird.
                              Maybe not like stones then... maybe more like partially deflated balloons...

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                              R.I.P. '07 Pats
                              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X