X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: He Got It Started!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Niko97RS
    nice, im happy for you, you deserve it

ironic how my smarty pants builds his own turbo motor and the fuel line is the biggest problem lol
    yea, its always the small things, its a complicated story with the line in question.

I knew it was a problem right off the bat....fixed it (but didnt do a great job, and the line blew square off. It wasnt until last night where i pulled it apart for the third time that i discovered this and completely replaced the line.

Comment

good to hear it running, seemed to be idling at some high rpms though, tune that idle and get it a bit slower, or was someone inside holding the rpms higher?
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
        good to hear it running, seemed to be idling at some high rpms though, tune that idle and get it a bit slower, or was someone inside holding the rpms higher?
        the garage was about 40*, block was prolly about 15* or colder so it was idling around 2000 rpms, once it started to heat up it dropped off a bit.

Comment

haha i get the phone call last night....i was asleep ******* lol....haha awesome tho...better get that thing all tuned for this season

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

<Insert Tech's "Did u get that beast started yet?" post>

87 Firebird RIP
            96 Camaro RS RIP
            94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
            02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

All you need now is the exhaust welded and you are good to go.:banana:

Comment

haha and a tune, bumper on, waiting for coolant lines to melt, tq arm, and just a bunch of other things. The car wouldn't allow us to push it out of the garage a few weeks back, and well, we didn't even try that last night.

Comment

Originally posted by blown00
                  haha and a tune, bumper on, waiting for coolant lines to melt, tq arm, and just a bunch of other things. The car wouldn't allow us to push it out of the garage a few weeks back, and well, we didn't even try that last night.
                  im pretty sure it will now cause of that cable on the tranny, but no point in doing so.

Comment

So what's on the agenda for tonight? Hopefully class doesn't go too long.

Comment

So what's on the agenda for tonight? Hopefully class doesn't go too long.
                      A) Tq arm
                      B) Facia
                      C) coolant hose
                      D) Drive
                      C) Hood

and as always there are about 10 things that will come up along the way

Comment

so you all got the wheels to stop locking up?
                        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                          so you all got the wheels to stop locking up?
                          i THINK so, didnt check it for sure

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                            i THINK so, didnt check it for sure
                            Weren't we thinking they would release when the car starts? If you were to go out to your car and pump the brake still it was stiff while the car is off, it stays that way until starting the car up. Hopefully that's what happened here.

Plus I don't think the shifter was hooked up properly?

Comment

Plus I don't think the shifter was hooked up properly?
                              When I removed my engine/trans I broke the cable that hooks up to the shifter
                              and the little plastic area where the cable leaves the underside of the car.
                              Also the VSS (rpm) sensor miraculously died on its own somehow
                              Yea, it wouldnt shift
                              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

:banana: woot :banana:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  4 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X