This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo?

First off, I know GM has aways had quality issues (I owned a ZR2 blazer, which was a POS) But my friends (which is also a member of this forum) 2000 Firebird is just HORRID. The windows don't roll down, the tranny slips, the interior rattles like a cattle truck, and just this evening, his motor went out in the headlight :( I would never own one of these "cool" cars

I drive a Volvo 940 Turbo wagon. :banana: I love my car dearly, and will never own another American auto again. Why can Volvos run for over 300k on the original motor and tranny? My friends 240 has 396,xxx miles on original everything and still can spin up the tires without a hassle.

So we race. He has no cat, flowmaster exhaust, and ram air lower scoop thingie. I just a have a MBC at 8psi and no cat. I run RIGHT next to him the WHOLE time. WTH? I'm in a granny car and can keep up with a sports car. I thought Fbodys were faster than that.

I've now converted my friend to Volvos. After being fed up with GM's BS for this long, he's ready for a worthwhile improvement. He's looking at s60s currently.

Moral of story. Dont overlook the ole Volvos, they might actually dust
    you.

Re: Volvo?

did u sign up just to tell us that ur volvo is a grocery getter? Thumbs up to the cool kid in that case

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Alright so you signed up on here to make fun of everyone with an F-body? Good idea.

If he is going to go S60, then go S60R. AWD Turbo ftw

Comment

Cool FTW!

nah, I actually signed up to help my friend fix some of the problems with his

Comment

Volvo = my moms car/a fruity guys car (was that offensive?)

Camaro/Firebird = sex

the saying 'even if you win...you're still retarded' def applies to you
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

tell your friend to get sub frame connectors. ever since the satan invention of subframe/unibody construction, you're gonna have them squeaks/rattles in the car.

I guess what everyone's gonna say is.. run the volvo n/a vs the v6 f-bod, then run the turbo volvo against the v8 f-bod. which is gonna be faster? but that's a moot point, as the topic is covered in the first part of the post
            Last edited by 3.4 slow to go; 02-13-2007, 10:28 PM.
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

Dont get me wrong, the firebird is a pretty cool car I guess. I have aways thought they look great. If GM could just get there quality control right and quit worring about saving $$$.

The 3.8 is a good solid platform though, kinda like the 4.3. But come on, 200 Flywheel horsepower out of a 3.8 liter??? Europe could pull that out of a lawn mower

EDIT: I'm not trying to offend anyone here. Just stating a point. I once was too the 4 wheelin, v8 lovin, redneck person. And for the most part I still am. I still get the tingles when I see a big ole diesel, throwing smoke everywhere on the highway hauling *** and all. I just discovered a whole new realm of cars, and they are much better than any Domestic Iv'e owned/drove
              Last edited by shellshock; 02-13-2007, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shellshock
                Dont get me wrong, the firebird is a pretty cool car I guess. I have aways thought they look great. If GM could just get there quality control right and quit worring about saving $$$.

The 3.8 is a good solid platform though, kinda like the 4.3. But come on, 200 Flywheel horsepower out of a 3.8 liter??? Euro cars could pull that out of a lawn mower
                so far all 3 of ur posts havent been helpin ur friend so u better get on that and stop pissin people off...3 post in and u still havent made a good point yet....

87 Firebird RIP
                96 Camaro RS RIP
                94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
                  so far all 3 of ur posts havent been helpin ur friend so u better get on that and stop pissin people off...3 post in and u still havent made a good point yet....
                  LOL, pissed? Over what?

Fbodys:
                  • look cooler
                  • are faster (sometimes)
                  • handle better
                  • more stereotypical
                  • turns heads

Comment

So we race. He has no cat, flowmaster exhaust, and ram air lower scoop thingie. I just a have a MBC at 8psi and no cat. I run RIGHT next to him the WHOLE time. WTH? I'm in a granny car and can keep up with a sports car. I thought Fbodys were faster than that.

I've now converted my friend to Volvos. After being fed up with GM's BS for this long, he's ready for a worthwhile improvement. He's looking at s60s currently.
                    you have a turbo...i don't see why your so surprised you kept up with a nearly stock V6

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...teresting+read
                    1999 Camaro Z/28
                    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

LOL, pissed? Over what?

Fbodys:
                      • look cooler
                      • are faster (sometimes)
                      • handle better
                      • more stereotypical
                      • turns heads
                      And that is the first time you've complemented them. Apparently Europe could pull 200HP out of a lawn mower, aka insulting the 3.8.

It's a pretty cool car I guess?? Just stop before no one wants to help you on here.

Comment

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Apr19.html

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thre...ffirms_ga.html

^^ Seems all is not going well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q1zAPUROmQ

Comment

wtf...lol. that volvo sounds like its running on electricity

Comment

A. that article is from april 2005, and the second one is about ford (ford owns **** volvo dumb****)

sweet wagon...seriously dude, bring something good to the board or get off

i always laughed at the volvo logo being a male symbol...
                            1999 Camaro Z/28
                            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by Tradition_F
                              wtf...lol. that volvo sounds like its running on electricity

LOL, yea all stock exhaust except for no cat. If you could hear over that awful squalwing of those cheap goodyear tires, you can hear the beautiful sound of the turbo spooling, then the CBV blowing off. HAHA

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X