peoples opinions of a v6 camaro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peoples opinions of a v6 camaro...

this is the writeup im doing of my turbo v6 camaro on an rc board i used to be on alot. notice how everyone knocks down the v6 camaro being turbod, but everyone is gawking over the 240sx with a very mild swap :thinking:

My thread:

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74552

(alot of the posts have been deleted for bull**** comments like "why the **** are you wasting all that money on a v6?! my civic would own that piece of ****!!!111!1")

240sx thread:

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68178

("OMG!11!! your so unique! thats completely awesome!!!!11)

i can appreciate the work hes putting into this car, and at least hes not ricing it out...its just ridiculous for everyone to be so biased towards imports anymore

:twak:
    Last edited by Tradition_F; 02-08-2007, 08:43 PM.

Re: peoples opinions of a v6 camaro...

get used to it, everyone knocks the v6 including all the v8 guys. Only until you can get times do people start to stop knocking them.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

don't woory about it and realize people are dumb.

99% of the peopel that have ever ragged on my car seriously, are slower then me, or their car is slow for what it is(bolt on ls1 running high 13s, low 14s)

Comment

Nobody makes a kit? Have you ever heard of Force Fed Fabrications?

Do a search.

Anyway, that's why you don't post about modding your V6 Camaro anywhere but here or on another V6 board, you won't get constructive criticism or positive responses, only bs, and chances are the guys there will know almost nothing about modifying these cars anyway, not like the people around here. Just do your thing and don't worry about them. Modify your car and be happy with the improvement. Eventually, you will get kudos for having a quick v6.
        Last edited by Camarorulz; 02-08-2007, 10:00 PM.
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Im not making fun of you, Tradition_F when I say this.

These guys are making fun you for building a turbo v6 when they spend 1000's on remote control toy cars?? C'mon, who are the reals tools in this argument? ;)

Dont worry about it, let them talk. With all the money I have into my car I too could have a stock high mileage LS1, big whoop. Do what you want, its your car :)
          Last edited by Shodown; 02-08-2007, 10:12 PM.
          sigpic
          1997 Camaro RS A4
          2006 Chevy Colorado
          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
            don't woory about it and realize people are dumb.

99% of the peopel that have ever ragged on my car seriously, are slower then me, or their car is slow for what it is(bolt on ls1 running high 13s, low 14s)
            then they don't know how to drive because those times for a ls1 are slower than stock.

Comment

I know someone that got rid of his blown vette so that he could have more fun in his sprayed v6. And yes, he does say that the v6 camaro > blown vette (more fun than)
              I dont know about that...... but I know the v6 can outhandle a v8 f-bod counterpart
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

the question is what year vette. i mean, everything in the mid 70's thru early to mid 90's was pretty slow. i honestly cant imagine a C5 or C6 blown would be less fun (unless he was talking about the amount of tickets that he surely got...)
                2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

its not about the car you drive....even if its a civic, whatever

its about how much time you put into it.

Comment

Blown C5
                    sorry, forgot to specify
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Looks like the threads were cleaned up. It's a bit better now. They have a point but to each his own and if you really like your car, go for it. That's a sweet intercooler, btw. :)
                      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz
                        Nobody makes a kit? Have you ever heard of Force Fed Fabrications?

Do a search.

Anyway, that's why you don't post about modding your V6 Camaro anywhere but here or on another V6 board, you won't get constructive criticism or positive responses, only bs, and chances are the guys there will know almost nothing about modifying these cars anyway, not like the people around here. Just do your thing and don't worry about them. Modify your car and be happy with the improvement. Eventually, you will get kudos for having a quick v6.
                        what i meant is, nobody makes a mainstream, mass-produced kit for the v6...

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                          Blown C5
                          sorry, forgot to specify

I call BS... I have driven a C5 on a regular basis, i I had the opportunity to swap for just a stock C5, **** even if it was an auto and not even a 6-speed I woudl drive my v6 off a cliff in 2 seconds.

Comment

Just enjoy your car and don't worry about what other people have to say. The 240 is the ultimate bandwagon car right now. It will fade away as they are all wrapped around trees from kids thinking they can drift.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                              Just enjoy your car and don't worry about what other people have to say. The 240 is the ultimate bandwagon car right now. It will fade away as they are all wrapped around trees from kids thinking they can drift.
                              x2 on the 240 bandwagon... when looking for my project car everyone kept telling me to look at 240s...

I did... they are cheap but need alot go fast.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X