Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahh yeah....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUkD4CY7YAQ

ahh yeah... some of you heard me talking about it last night... I am rollin in my 5.0... definitely not a show winner, has some rust, but definitely less rust then the datsun had... bit of Mona Lisa, looks rough up close but when you stand back looks ok.

slower then the v6, might possibly have a miss but ehh I'll figure it out, definitely a project.

It has SN95 axles, spindles, disk brakes, wheels etc. The engine sounds like it has a cam, not sure, maybe a B/E 303. It was in there when I got the car. Big autogage tach, MSD ignition, CAI, 80mm MAF, billet shifter, new clutch w/firewall adjuster & quadrant and Flowmasters. I just installed a rebuilt T5 transmission, subframe connectors and new engine mounts. Could use some TLC for sure but it runs great and the tranny is better than new. The A/C system blows cold air, a big plus here in Florida.

Re: ahh yeah....

LOL...

found this funny
    http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=880533

Comment

pretty car
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

5.0 slower than the V6?

You must be comparing it to some mean 6 or something's wrong with the 5.0!
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

5.0s are slower than the 3.8 f-body. sure as **** and a fact of life.

Comment

I won't say they are slower then all 3.8s but mine... but my 3.8L is a pretty peppy one, and since I !CAT, it runs like a bat out of hell recently.

Either way I think the car has a mis, needs a bit of work, but in the end it will be much faster then my 3.8 will ever be. And for cheaper.

I was looking for a nice 3rd gen but nothing in a good price range and even less in a 5-speed.

Good news is, once this car is settled I will be taking the 3.8L back to teh track, maybe see if I can knock out that high 13 n/a I wanted. So now if I break stuff, I will still have a vehicle to get me to work/school.

Comment

I'll be the first to admit that I've always liked 90-93 Fox bodies. I nearly bought one when I was in high school and I still think it would be a fun project. Granted I'd rather build up my v6, but the aftermarket and potential for those cars is endless.

I'm glad to hear you still have the Camaro though! :rock:
              sigpic
              1997 Camaro RS A4
              2006 Chevy Colorado
              2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
                I'll be the first to admit that I've always liked 90-93 Fox bodies. I nearly bought one when I was in high school and I still think it would be a fun project. Granted I'd rather build up my v6, but the aftermarket and potential for those cars is endless.

I'm glad to hear you still have the Camaro though! :rock:
                the aftermarket is huge cause everyone just puts 350s and 700r4s in them

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                  the aftermarket is huge cause everyone just puts 350s and 700r4s in them
                  Tru dat. It'd be a fun project, but I wouldnt trade my car in to for it. :)

Its definately a sweet DD :D
                  sigpic
                  1997 Camaro RS A4
                  2006 Chevy Colorado
                  2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

vanilla ice wanna be
                    i used to have a 94 LX straight 6 or whatever
                    and I loved it...felt really "peppy" off the line...but couldnt go over 88 miles per hour!!! ROFL LOL hahah
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

looks like it could use a procharged 347 ;)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Better than a Taurus i suppose....

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                        R.I.P. '07 Pats
                        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X