Anyone else getting horrible traction in the cold? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else getting horrible traction in the cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else getting horrible traction in the cold?

I came home from college this past weekend to visit my family, and i took out the camaro a few times. theres no snow or ice on the ground, but it was in the negative temps without windchill, i couldnt grab traction to save my life! i was going about 25 when this kid i know from back home flew past me on a 35 mph road, so i punched it to meet him, and my car completely broke loose through all of 1st, and most of the way through 2nd gear, needless to say it was pretty fun after that... btw my car is stock with a lid and the Y87 option. anybody else living in real cold areas having this "problem" as well?
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Re: Anyone else getting horrible traction in the cold?

Traction problems.. don't know what your talking about... OH WAIT.. your talking about driving in a car. Nope.. don't have any issues in the Jeep :D Got this little lever that says 4HI or 4LOW :banana:
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

traction? TRACTION??!!! i have 4 inches of snow covering the road so i dont want to hear about traction :rant:

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Lol bibber I got stuck going up Heincke....it sucks, no plows on my street or neighborhood yet. As for traction we've got none here in the DYT

Comment

the plows are just now hitting 741. and my apartment complex just sent its snow plow through, yeah, ill be doing some shoveling to get the car out now that i have a 2 foot pile of snow behind my car :mad:

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          Or this

Comment

its great... i've been doing donuts and burnouts like mad. but then again i also did a 40 mph donut when i didnt wanna do one on the road :( thank God that didn't turn out badly (only a slightly bent rim) cuz it really could've.
            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

traction issues? ..yea tell that to the cop that pulled me over haha
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

get better tires.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                  get better tires.
                  Even F1 tires need to warm up a little
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

traction ?? my car hasnt crawled outta the garage in weeks
                    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                    1994 Camaro - Sold
                    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

wish i had a garage :( poor t/a is toughing the elements.

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

its because of the cold tires and road are both cold so no trac(you now how you do a burnout before a race to get really good trac(because there hotter)

Comment

thats not true dude. you dont do a burnout before a race. burnouts cause glazing of the tires, which reduces the tires ability to grip the surface.

drag tires, yes. street tires, no

Follow me!
                          Or this

Comment

I dont get very good traction in cold weather and I have good tires.

Bibber is right, you dont do smoky burnouts with anything other than drag tires.
                            sigpic
                            1997 Camaro RS A4
                            2006 Chevy Colorado
                            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

all i know is it works for me:banana: not a smoky burn out just a secound or 2 to get temps real high

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X