Avis Lube OR Jiffy Lube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avis Lube OR Jiffy Lube?

Ok, just got a job today from a shop that my friend's dad ownz.
    He is gonna pay me WAY more than I expected!! :banana: :banana:

But looks like I'm gonna go ahead and pick up another job just to catch up on bills and buy my "project Turbo LSx"! :banana:

I KNOW you fools arent worthy to give advice.. but which store should I work at as a side job? AVIS LUBE OR JIFFY LUBE?? haha
    All 3 of these jobs I'm guaranteed to get!! woohoo
    Weeks of job hunting on the net got me no where... I thought I was gonna be harshly rejected today!!
    Thanks alot!
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Re: Avis Lube OR Jiffy Lube?

(comon dan hold back lube joke.....hold back lube joke!!!)

ahm one vote for anis lube

****, i tried.

Comment

ROFL!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!111!!!!! dam that was good
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Dan is having flashbacks / day dreams about last night's chat topics

Comment

Or what about Snappy lube?

Comment

no that was bananna's

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
              Dan is having flashbacks / day dreams about last night's chat topics
              that was messed, lets not refer to that

and what the hell is snappy lube? whoever is the founder of that company deserves a medal

Comment

how bout a car parts place? like an autozone or advanced... you do almost no work to cars, but get to diagnose stuff and bench race and just plain bs bout cars while you're there and get paid for it too.. in some areas you make decent money too.. for a part time job at least.. and htey are flexible with yoru shedule.. espeicaly since htey are open nights and weekends.. ive been doing teh autozone thing for 2.5 yrs now just to earn side money.. its not a horrible second job...
                Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
                  how bout a car parts place? like an autozone or advanced... you do almost no work to cars, but get to diagnose stuff and bench race and just plain bs bout cars while you're there and get paid for it too.. in some areas you make decent money too.. for a part time job at least.. and htey are flexible with yoru shedule.. espeicaly since htey are open nights and weekends.. ive been doing teh autozone thing for 2.5 yrs now just to earn side money.. its not a horrible second job...
                  Just remember though, working at a place like that, you can never give a customer mechanic advice on how to fix their problem with the vehicle because if it doesn't work or gets worse then they can sue.

But yeah, AZ and Advanced are cake jobs. Or even a oil changing place is a cake job, just a dirty one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
                    Just remember though, working at a place like that, you can never give a customer mechanic advice on how to fix their problem with the vehicle because if it doesn't work or gets worse then they can sue.

But yeah, AZ and Advanced are cake jobs. Or even a oil changing place is a cake job, just a dirty one.
                    not necessarily... you can offer advice, but you can also preface it with some sort of warning saying its merely a suggestion and not garunteed to be correct. also, you can use sayings like, well, this is not an official diagnostic, rather we're just pulling the codes that are stored in yoru car's computer... and based off these codes, these are likely problems... or at least thats what i do... i tell them as many options as i know of, if you are stuck, tell them.. ask other workers.. that sorta deal.. i never make it apoint to tell a customer the exact cause of a problem...

as long as you are careful, you can keep yourself out of hot water..

and it is def. a cake job.. and you get discounts on car parts.. added bonus
                    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181

All good points, but you forgot to mention the discount. Do you all get discounts for working there?

Rob
                      \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                        All good points, but you forgot to mention the discount. Do you all get discounts for working there?

Rob
                        mentioned it in my second post.. lol..

yup.. everyone who works there gets 20% off most things.. not oil antifreeze and spark plugs though.. even if you're just the commercial delivery driver... its saved me a ton on just little things like plug wires, cleaners, waxes, injector cleaners, filters, that sorta stuff

Comment

I spend alot of money on maintanance stuff like that
                          I just want some experience

Comment

just remember, the parts store guys are not exactly to the most respected guys. they need to keep their uneducated traps shut and just sell parts.
                            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                              just remember, the parts store guys are not exactly to the most respected guys. they need to keep their uneducated traps shut and just sell parts.
                              And for the love of god, pull the right part off the shelf the first time so I don't have to make three trips back...
                              <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X