X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 things to ponder in 07

ya, walmart can die.

funny how you cant buy a unedited cd there, but yet you can buy a violent movie with 30887 cuss words...

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$
      a BLLDOGG post with hints of intelligence...strange.
      ok dude... peoples opinions of my intelligence only matters if your my boss or myself. Who cares if you agree with the things I say
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Oh ****! It's going down now....btw as for Walmart I hate them, I hope they go away, non-union sobs

Comment

Originally posted by Savorybacon
          Oh ****! It's going down now....btw as for Walmart I hate them, I hope they go away, non-union sobs
          They're not going away for a long long while
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Its a store people!!! Walmart is not some big bad place. I have worked for them and was amazed by how much they offer for such work. Its not like they employee skilled labor. they employee old people who should be fully retired and other adults who have otherwise not made anything of their lives.

Whats next, McDonalds should allow benefits for their employees? give me a break

Comment

Originally posted by Savorybacon
              By that I take it you support Unions? Do you realize why it is we pay so much for a domestic vehicle but not nearly as much for an equivelant foreign model? The fact that Ford's stock won't go up very much higher and the big 3 have had so much trouble in the past few months and years is a direct result of unions. The average labor cost for a union employee for an automaker is around 40-50 per hour? then add in the exhorbinant amount they pay for retirement and other benefits and there's 50% of the price of the vehicle. Unions were of value 20-60 years ago, not so much anymore. Now they are causing the costs of goods sold to be so high that a lot of people are starting to buy foreign and unless it's curbed it will only grow. Sorry to get off topic but seriously how can someone still support unions as a good thing? Just take a look at the economy and our imports/exports and you'll see.

Edit: I know these values may not be 100% accurate but they are close. I didn't want to jack this thread so if it starts a debate let's start a new thread.
              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

that is not joke. The local GM plant that is currently not in use paid starting out straight out of high school of like 20-21 dollars an hour. In Oklahoma, Thats a lot. we have an employee at my work from that factory. I can not remember the exact figure but he gets paid like 1250 a check, which is a really decent pay and he never goes to work mind you. this lasts sometime into 2008 then he will get his full retirement. Do not remember those numbers but my jaw dropped down into the basement. granted assembly plant work is mundane but easy and the ergonomically factor is getting better each day closer to what import companies achieved in the 80s.

so, yes, I do not believe in unions as a consumer, but as an American, they are good for the employees.

Comment

Yeah that was better said. The idea of unions is good for employees but def not for consumers. Thanks, for wording that for me.
                  Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Someone lock this and stop the circus.

Comment

What? this is a good conversation

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                        What? this is a good conversation
                        True, its one of the more civil debates we've had (not me personally, but on this board)
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                          that is not joke. The local GM plant that is currently not in use paid starting out straight out of high school of like 20-21 dollars an hour. In Oklahoma, Thats a lot. we have an employee at my work from that factory. I can not remember the exact figure but he gets paid like 1250 a check, which is a really decent pay and he never goes to work mind you. this lasts sometime into 2008 then he will get his full retirement. Do not remember those numbers but my jaw dropped down into the basement. granted assembly plant work is mundane but easy and the ergonomically factor is getting better each day closer to what import companies achieved in the 80s.

so, yes, I do not believe in unions as a consumer, but as an American, they are good for the employees.
                          In the real world, it would be great to be a union employee paying small amounts for things because of the non-union labor behind some products, but you can't be on the fence with union labor. If you want union labor, then you have to pay union costs for everything, which would be better.

By that I take it you support Unions? Do you realize why it is we pay so much for a domestic vehicle but not nearly as much for an equivelant foreign model? The fact that Ford's stock won't go up very much higher and the big 3 have had so much trouble in the past few months and years is a direct result of unions. The average labor cost for a union employee for an automaker is around 40-50 per hour? then add in the exhorbinant amount they pay for retirement and other benefits and there's 50% of the price of the vehicle. Unions were of value 20-60 years ago, not so much anymore. Now they are causing the costs of goods sold to be so high that a lot of people are starting to buy foreign and unless it's curbed it will only grow. Sorry to get off topic but seriously how can someone still support unions as a good thing? Just take a look at the economy and our imports/exports and you'll see.

Edit: I know these values may not be 100% accurate but they are close. I didn't want to jack this thread so if it starts a debate let's start a new thread.
                          If you want non-union labor, with non-union wages, this is not the place to be at all. Only people against non-union labor is greedy, pure capitalist people witht he ideology of screwing over his neighbor before he gives up a dime to him. Its sickening. I hope this country hasn't gotten so greedy and evil that it can't help each other within the borders. How bout instead of attacking the unions, we attack the board of directors that mark up the price of a product so much that 70% of the MSRP of something is pure profit? If you knew how much money GM was making even AFTER they paid out all union costs, you would understand that it isn't a union problem, but a corporate problem. If corporate America had enough common decency in them to pay an employee enough to support a family, then there would be no need for a union. But this is corporate America, the same group of people who will f*** people out of pensions, 401K's, stocks, it doesn't matter. That is clearly seen with the Enron thing. So until corporate America can become a decent entity of society, and quit killing peoples lives by making them scrape for a living, then all unions are a good idea.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird
                          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

i agree /\/\

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                              ya, walmart can die.

funny how you cant buy a unedited cd there, but yet you can buy a violent movie with 30887 cuss words...
                              I always used to joke, how you can't buy an unedited CD, but you can buy a 12 pack of beer and a shotgun.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X