haha, prince did a little bit TOO much performing... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

haha, prince did a little bit TOO much performing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: haha, prince did a little bit TOO much performing...

Originally posted by Shirl
    That was the biggest display (no pun intended) of a phallic symbol I'VE EVER SEEN!!! These entertainers know exactly what they're doing..hence the silouette to be subliminal about it. Guess they try to spice up that "type" of music by doing things like that. And that guitar... Overall, the performance was ok.
    It was a siloutte of a dude playing guitar. We have all seen it 100's of times and yes, it looks phallic. All I said was these talking heads were getting their panties in an uproar about it, and they shouldn't be.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
      It was a siloutte of a dude playing guitar. We have all seen it 100's of times and yes, it looks phallic. All I said was these talking heads were getting their panties in an uproar about it, and they shouldn't be.
      The general rule of thumb about the media today: If it can be blown out of proportion in any way, shape or form, it will be.
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

^ Absolutely. I actually forgot all about that! I saw it and laughed a little and said "hey, look!" Then I forgot about it til' I saw this thread.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
          yeah, ive been arguing that point for years... its the super bowl.. how bout we have an act play that the people watching the game actually like? no more prince, janet jackson, justin timberlake.. seriously.. how bout some metallica? ac/dc perhaps? id even settle for something like an original van halen concert or something.. i mean, anything but crappy pop music that 5% of the croud might actually like..

and seriously, circ de solie (or however its spelled..)?!?!??! are you kidding me?!?!?! i wish i could suck at my job as much as these "entertainment" planners and still keep collecting a pay check...
          Can you really say that with any sort of confidence though? I mean, for all we know, the whole stadium could have been huge fans of that Cirque de sole BS. Maybe the entertainment people are catering exactly to what the majority wants, lol. Don't just assume because you, your friends (and myself) think its ridiculous, that this thought must be the norm... :p

Maybe Prince hits home better with the generation that can afford to sit there for the game.
          <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Originally posted by JusFlyinBy
            Can you really say that with any sort of confidence though? I mean, for all we know, the whole stadium could have been huge fans of that Cirque de sole BS. Maybe the entertainment people are catering exactly to what the majority wants, lol. Don't just assume because you, your friends (and myself) think its ridiculous, that this thought must be the norm... :p

Maybe Prince hits home better with the generation that can afford to sit there for the game.

true.. im trying not to assume that.. but as ive read in a few columns that covered the game, the stadium was completely and utterly silent during and after the performance... if they were all indeed fans, (or even a small portion fans) wouldnt there been at least some cheering?

but true, the people who can afford the tickets, usually arent fans anyways.. which is pathetic in itself.. how bout the nfl offer reasonably priced tickets, then have some sort of lottery to pull winners? who wouldnt like that? (well, besides people rich enough to pay for them now) h*ll, they could even put it on tv like the draft and make up their lost profits.. or even do some sort of numbered system, where they pull so many numbers.. not saying the whole stadium has to be like this, but a offering a few sections would be nice..
            Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

true.. im trying not to assume that.. but as ive read in a few columns that covered the game, the stadium was completely and utterly silent during and after the performance... if they were all indeed fans, (or even a small portion fans) wouldnt there been at least some cheering?

but true, the people who can afford the tickets, usually arent fans anyways.. which is pathetic in itself.. how bout the nfl offer reasonably priced tickets, then have some sort of lottery to pull winners? who wouldnt like that? (well, besides people rich enough to pay for them now) h*ll, they could even put it on tv like the draft and make up their lost profits.. or even do some sort of numbered system, where they pull so many numbers.. not saying the whole stadium has to be like this, but a offering a few sections would be nice..
              No way in hell anything like that would ever happen at all.
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

If you were in charge you wouldn't want to do that. How are you going to be able to afford to take your private jet to your private island if you are selling cheap tickets?!

Comment

Prince...... he scares me..... to the same level as "The King," from Burger king!!!!!
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Haha, is that for real? When I watched the circus in the beginning, you could hear the crowd going wild. I even made the comment, "I'll bet you this is all sound editing because, wtf are they cheering about?". Everyone in the room agreed. I didn't watch the 1/2 time show though.
                    <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Originally posted by JusFlyinBy
                      Haha, is that for real? When I watched the circus in the beginning, you could hear the crowd going wild. I even made the comment, "I'll bet you this is all sound editing because, wtf are they cheering about?". Everyone in the room agreed. I didn't watch the 1/2 time show though.
                      it probably was sound editing... one of the columns i read was from some one sittin in teh stands.. so i think he would have remembered hearing cheers.... so whats your point? that its unbelievable that anyone would cheer for it? i agree.. it didnt fit the crowd or the event.. there were much better options..
                      Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

hey, i realize that will never happen (drawings for the right to buy tickets)..

theres actually a very similar system in place right now in some states for the right to hunt certain desireable animals.. and teh people who draw tickets go out of their way to get the cash to make a trip happen.. the people who do get lucky, end up spending thousands for a hunt where they arent garunteed to even see anything..

im just saying, to have a random drawing, with reasonably priced tickets, it would be an interesting promotion and would get more actual fans into the stands, other than people who can just afford to be there... but alas, just a pipe dream

Comment

it probably was sound editing... one of the columns i read was from some one sittin in teh stands.. so i think he would have remembered hearing cheers.... so whats your point? that its unbelievable that anyone would cheer for it? i agree.. it didnt fit the crowd or the event.. there were much better options..
                          My point was, wow, they used sound editing to put cheering in, how ridiculous.

Comment

lol.. yeah, my bad... i didnt quite understand ya.. makes a bit more sense now...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X