So what do you think I will break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do you think I will break?

So anyone else been like me and been really avoiding the track?

Thinking about taking the car to the track on friday... I haven't taken it out in like a year... I know its a bad idea but well, you know I miss it too much and want to take it out.

hopefully its not the transmission... and hopefully I get a few solid runs...

Car feels stronger then ever since I gutted the cat, maybe a new best :)

will be running...
    -spec 2 clutch
    -ghetto tune
    -no Cat, open cutout on stock exhaust.
    -a homemade intake
    -no maf
    -belt pulled
    -auburn diff
    -cheap street tires
    -and some suspension stuff.

also plan on doing a pretty decent "tune up" of things... plugs wires, pcv, fuel filter, oil, seafoam

Re: So what do you think I will break?

hmmmm...hopefully your tires will cutlose before you toast the rearend. maybe you will break an engine mount :\
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
      hmmmm...hopefully your tires will cutlose before you toast the rearend. maybe you will break an engine mount :\

rearend has been whining for about 8 months and like 9,000 miles now :)

lol, I snapped the outputshaft on the tranny last trip to the track and I had cheaper and 10 mm narrower tires.

Comment

:eek:

What the hell do you do to your car? Who is rebuilding your rearend?
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

used rears...

and a bit too much racing in the car... :)

Comment

ya know eric, im convinced one day the entire car is going to break in half on you, youre running out of things to break so thats all that's left. :p

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

what year is it? What are you using to tune? going VE SD huh? I like it

Yes, I have been avoiding the track for awhile, but once I go... I'm going all out (I wont care if I do spin a bearing or something)
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                what year is it? What are you using to tune? going VE SD huh? I like it

Yes, I have been avoiding the track for awhile, but once I go... I'm going all out (I wont care if I do spin a bearing or something)

2000, and I use hptuners...

all I do is very very slightly lean it out blindly. Very slightly, probably doesn't really make a difference. Add timing, cut out all the useless things, smooth things out... nothing drastic, hence a ghetto tune. IF I planned to race this car more I would buy a wideband.

I am not so much worried about spinning a bearing... more just stupid ****.

Last tim I autocrossed, sheered off a torque arm clamshell bolt. Also lost a panhard rod bolt as well.

before that, dragstrip brok the output shaft, before that broke a 10-bolt, before that clutch problems.
                Last edited by DAS BOOT; 02-01-2007, 08:04 AM.

Comment

1 of ur axles is just gonna shoot out the side and leave u there b4 u hit the 60ft mark

87 Firebird RIP
                  96 Camaro RS RIP
                  94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                  02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
                    1 of ur axles is just gonna shoot out the side and leave u there b4 u hit the 60ft mark
                    that wouldn't be so bad, I actually have a spare set of axles laying around :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      2 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X