Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car myths

Originally posted by 88gtman
    I would also like to see them test the myth of using a leaf blower as a turbo will actually increase HP.
    Its true, if you can get the leaf blower to build enough pressure, velocity, and CFM it will be considered "very slight boost".
    But you HAVE to HAVE more fuel to accompany that extra air in order to actually make more power.
    This would work more-so on smaller engines than bigger engines.
    But its not gonna be worth the effort
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by 88gtman
      I would also like to see them test the myth of using a leaf blower as a turbo will actually increase HP.
      Umm.....Done ........

Caution: Advertisements might not be work safe

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....AD23CA9564&p=0

:)
      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroDude
        I actually saw that cell phone thing work.

When I used to work at Staples I had to carry out furniture for customers to their cars. One time a guy bought a desk and I carried it out there for him but when we got to his car it was locked and he didn't have the keys. So he called his wife who was still inside the store(Well over 150 yards away) and told her to press the unlock button on her set of keys. He held the phone up to the car and the lock popped up.

I think it only works with certain brands or styles of systems cause it didn't work when I tried it on the camaro.
        Hmm, i think whats going on here is that the signal from the keyless remote is being amplified by the cell phone, and thus that extends the range of the signal. Much the same way that if you hold the remote next to your head it also extends the signal (if only by a few yards).

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroDude
          I actually saw that cell phone thing work.

When I used to work at Staples I had to carry out furniture for customers to their cars. One time a guy bought a desk and I carried it out there for him but when we got to his car it was locked and he didn't have the keys. So he called his wife who was still inside the store(Well over 150 yards away) and told her to press the unlock button on her set of keys. He held the phone up to the car and the lock popped up.

I think it only works with certain brands or styles of systems cause it didn't work when I tried it on the camaro.
          I think you missed this link bud:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

My Subaru keyless remote worked beyond 150 yards, from within a building, on the back side. I was on the 3rd floor though. She was just within range.
          <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

^^^agreed, i think it worked cuz dudes wife was close enough; not because it worked over the cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              they did this myth, and busted it, the tank did not explode.

under normal circumastances it would not explode.... ways it could?
              metal tank and it suomhow sparks when the bullet its hit... that or the bullet hits the ground somehow causing a spark.....

Comment

they should try and drown for an hour in freezing water and see if they can be brought back to life. I would watch if they did that.

edit: If you want to relate it to cars they could crash a mustang into a freezing lake and drown in that. :)
                Red 98 A4 Firebird<br />..its pretty..<br />- - - - - - - - - <br />6 Infinity 3-way speakers with Alpine deck and 720 watt Kenwood amp..

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer
                  under normal circumastances it would not explode.... ways it could?
                  metal tank and it suomhow sparks when the bullet its hit... that or the bullet hits the ground somehow causing a spark.....
                  On mythbusters they always go above and beyond. Usually they don't stop testing things until they get the result of the myth (if even possible) regardless if the myth is busted on the way. (for example, on the Flatus episode they tested the myth that someone in a confined space could suffocate themselves by farting too much. They busted the myth pretty quickly, but they keep going until they found out how much "flatus" it takes to kill a man.)

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                    they should try and drown for an hour in freezing water and see if they can be brought back to life. I would watch if they did that.
                    nope, it kills cells

flatus = Enteric fermentation = methane (and alot of other chemicals)
                    yes, I'm sure it could kill
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                      nope, it kills cells

flatus = Enteric fermentation = methane (and alot of other chemicals)
                      yes, I'm sure it could kill
                      Well except that there is soo little methane in a fart that apparently you'd have to fart nonstop for yeeears to produce enough methane or CO2 to suffocate your self. Infact you'd suffocate much faster just from breathing.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X