Lots of Mp3's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Mp3's...

So, I've got like 6 thousand or something MP3's. The ID3 tags are wrong or blank on probably 99% of them. I notice new Mp3 players sort the music by these ID3 tags alone, and some even go as far as dumping the music into specific genre folders...

My question is, is there any easy way to update all my files and get the correct info into the tags??? I discovered you can do it thru windows media player and a websearch, but you can imagine how long it will take to run thru 6000 files :(. If there is software out there that auto-fixes all your Mp3's, im willing to pay for it...
    <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Re: Lots of Mp3's...

When I had I-Tunes, I highlighed a bunch of them at one time based on what genre they were in then edited the ID3 tags. But I dont know about any programs that will do it for you.

Comment

Awww 6000 mp3's. Cute. :) (I have 73,000 :p )

This is probably the best way to do it.
      http://musicbrainz.org/

Comment

I used musicbrainz when I was trying to label mine correctly. It isn't perfect, but it's probably the best way to knock out a lot quick.

Comment

Originally posted by '97RedBird
          Awww 6000 mp3's. Cute. :) (I have 73,000 :p )

This is probably the best way to do it.
          http://musicbrainz.org/
          73000....i bet you have listened to less than 1/4 of those

Comment

yeah what do u need 73k for?
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              73000....i bet you have listened to less than 1/4 of those
              exactly.

Lets do some simple math.

If you have 73000 songs and lets say that each of them are 2 minutes (being gracious on length cause most are longer) that is 146000 minutes worth of music. 146000 divided by 60 = 2433.3. That is pretty much 1/3 of a year worth of musc
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I could have saved you the simple math just by looking at foobar. Its actually 30 weeks 0 days 13 hours and 53 seconds worth of music.

You guys are right though, I do not listen to every single song I have. Find me someone with that many songs and who does listen to them all and I will go shake their hand.

I will say this though. If I am at my computer and I am not doing something involving sound such as a movie or a game, I have music playing. I can't even name all of the new artists I have found just by putting on random stuff I have. It's also nice that when a random song pops into my head I can just listen to it. I don't need to go find it and download it. Or along the same lines if I have friends over and they would like to listen to something, chances are I have it.

There are very few people who actually understand what I and talking about when I say music is a huge part of my life and why I have so much of it. Those people themselves all have huge collections as well and listen to music just as much as I do.

Comment

I could have saved you the simple math just by looking at foobar. Its actually 30 weeks 0 days 13 hours and 53 seconds worth of music.

You guys are right though, I do not listen to every single song I have. Find me someone with that many songs and who does listen to them all and I will go shake their hand.

I will say this though. If I am at my computer and I am not doing something involving sound such as a movie or a game, I have music playing. I can't even name all of the new artists I have found just by putting on random stuff I have. It's also nice that when a random song pops into my head I can just listen to it. I don't need to go find it and download it. Or along the same lines if I have friends over and they would like to listen to something, chances are I have it.

There are very few people who actually understand what I and talking about when I say music is a huge part of my life and why I have so much of it. Those people themselves all have huge collections as well and listen to music just as much as I do.

I have a lot of music too man
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400

I have a lot of music too man
                    Me too :tup: but i know that i dont need 73k songs.

If i dont listen to folk tunes, im not gonna download them.
                    If i dont listen to christian rock, im not gonna download them.
                    etc, etc..

sounds like you just get anything you can get your hands on.

& i can download a song in about 30 seconds or so, you say its faster to just go find it then download it.. probably takes you 30 minutes to find the song
                    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

again i am missing the point of having 73000 songs if you havent even listened to em all and dont know the artists

Comment

You know, honestly I knew as soon as I hit post I'd get someone in here telling me they had 14 times more thinking I was bragging about my 6000 or something, lol. I almost edited in a disclaimer saying I don't give a sh*t how many you have, so thanks for not letting me down 97RedBird, :).

But I do understand why you would have a lot. I play my music over a PA or thru my home stereo when I have parties at my house, and I would like to have every song anyone would request. But I also try to limit that to songs I at least like myself. I delete everything off albums I don't like.

Anyway, on topic, I found a program that renames the title and artist, but no such luck on something that updates the Genres, Years and Albums. I think im screwed when it comes to that.
                        <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
                          i can download a song in about 30 seconds or so, you say its faster to just go find it then download it.. probably takes you 30 minutes to find the song
                          I run a nice plugin for foobar called amip. All I do is hit ctrl+j and in under 5 seconds I have a list of all of my songs with a nice search box above it. From there all I do is type part of a artist name or track title and it will show me what meets the criteria. A double click is all it takes to get it started.

You on the other hand, need to start your program, search, then download it. It may take you 30 seconds to get after you find it, but the whole process I'm sure takes more then 30 seconds.

As far as getting music, ill ask you this. Who do you think you are getting it from? Someone out there has to have the music, and next time you are looking for a song you just cant find guess who probably has it. :)

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                          again i am missing the point of having 73000 songs if you havent even listened to em all and dont know the artists
                          I discover music when I do listen to it. I can understand not getting why I have it if I don't listen to it. I can say why and I can see all of the counter arguments to it so ill just say this. People have hobbies and some people collect stuff. It could be stamps, could be coins, could be anything. I collect music.

Originally posted by JusFlyinBy
                          You know, honestly I knew as soon as I hit post I'd get someone in here telling me they had 14 times more thinking I was bragging about my 6000 or something, lol. I almost edited in a disclaimer saying I don't give a sh*t how many you have, so thanks for not letting me down 97RedBird
                          Really now? Your title was 'Lots of Mp3's' and you felt the need to mention you have 6000 of them. You could have simply said that you have a large number that needs to be correctly tagged. The amount does not matter. There was no reason to include it. The only reason I mentioned how many I have is because you seem to think 6000 is a lot, when it clearly is not compared to some people.

Anyway, back on topic. Try MediaMonkey. I haven't used it but I'm pretty sure it will work for what you need.

Comment

Really now? Your title was 'Lots of Mp3's' and you felt the need to mention you have 6000 of them. You could have simply said that you have a large number that needs to be correctly tagged.The amount does not matter. There was no reason to include it.
                            I originally had said a lot, believe that or not. I figured someone would mention a cumbersome method assuming I really didn't have too many, so I went back into the post and added a number to paint a picture.

The only reason I mentioned how many I have is because you seem to think 6000 is a lot, when it clearly is not compared to some people.
                            I went to college too buddy. Im aware of the amount of music people have. Im totaly aware I have the least amount of mp3's of my friends. In fact, thats where I get 90% of them. I stand by what I said earlier. So drop the do*chebagness. Lets not forget im prob the only one person in here who defended the amount of Mp3s you had, lol. So just admit I called your @ss out. :p

I'll check out media monkey when I get back tonight though.

Comment

ive only got 5,311 songs. for a total of 21.58 gigs
                              Dave:
                              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X