A few questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions.

As I am still very new to the V6 world I have a few questions.
    1. What are our valve covers made of and can they be polished?
    2. I want to port and polish my intake, Do I need to port and polish both upper and lower? I have not seen the inside of our engine yet.
    2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Re: A few questions.

1 alumin i think, yes go for it
    2 this might mess up your AFR, and might get metal shavings inside the engine
    i wouldnt do it
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I'm not worried about metal shavings, everything would be clean before putting it on. I'm thinking about a cam swap this summer. Before that time I want to pick up a set of heads, intake and valve covers. I can spend the next few months getting everything ported and polished. This way when I'm ready I just have to swap parts.
      2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

It has been a loooong time, but I have done the work before. The last time was about 20 years ago. I had a 72 Chevelle with a 350. It put out about 375 HP.

Comment

1. yes, aluminum, as I have already polished some before.
          2. you should, along w/the almighty gasket match. extrude honing would be best, if you have the $$$$$$ to cover it.
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

I will do all the work I can, but after that, I don't know. I have a few exrta bucks, but Summer seems to take it away. Kids like to ski and tube and the boat loooooves fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
              1 alumin i think, yes go for it
              2 this might mess up your AFR, and might get metal shavings inside the engine
              i wouldnt do it
              Lol, did you think he was going to P&P them while on the engine? Lol, mess with the AFR? You can't remove enough material from the stock pieces to cause any danger like running lean. Gasket match them. You'll be disappointed with the results, but if you have free time, why not.
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Anything less than hot tanked or soap and water, there will be left over metal.
                I am a tuner, I have P&Ped everything and I know it will change the AFR. Of course the narrowband sensors will auto correct for the change. But if you P&P the TB/MAF you will run lean guaranteed
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Well the next big dollar will be spent on HP Tunner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X