This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Union

Did anyone else feel like nothing was achieved from it? I kinda feel empty now. I do not feel like we were properly inform of what has happened, point of the state of the union address, and that the whole ordeal was just another political debauchery and like an uncomfortable dinner party. I just do not know what to say about it. I feel empty.

What are your thoughts?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Re: State of the Union

There was a State of the Union address? Thank god for digital cable and my lack of caring. I'm sure the discivery channel was more intresting and much more enlighting.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

it was

Comment

Dirty Jobs on Discovery Channel. Funny and edumacational. Hells Yeah.
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

i didn't kno about it until the day after...probably just like every other George W. speech
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

He spoke well, especially considering his situation. The difficulty is that the country faces major problems other than Iraq, and his proposals on everything except immigration were timid and unable to meet the challenges.

Blldogg, you might like this article:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...563441,00.html

"Even in less turbulent times, there is an endearing unreality to the State of the Union address..."

BTW, the challenges we face will require a leader who can make the American people start to care about what's happening in the world. That's gonna be a tough job for the next President.
            Last edited by V6Bob; 01-24-2007, 12:06 PM.
            2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

I like the bill I heard about last night which would allow a person to be selected only 3yrs after being in the military to be the secretary of defense compared to waiting 10yrs. much less detached from the real demands of the military. I also heard from a 4 star general that was being interviewed in which he said all these on-line donations to get people in the military proper helmets and armor and such is a huge scam and every single military personnel is deployed with the proper equipment. he seemed pretty sincere and angry about it.

Comment

"Keeping his remarks similar in length to the previous year's address to Congress, the President spoke for 49 minutes, and was interrupted for applause 62 times"

yeh thats all i get out of it..
                i think at least 20 minutes of that is about the war, makes me wondor if 9/11 never happend what else he would be talking about.. we could be improving ourselves and focusing more on other subjects rather then this war... blah

Comment

Originally posted by zerofailure
                  "Keeping his remarks similar in length to the previous year's address to Congress, the President spoke for 49 minutes, and was interrupted for applause 62 times"

yeh thats all i get out of it..
                  i think at least 20 minutes of that is about the war, makes me wondor if 9/11 never happend what else he would be talking about.. we could be improving ourselves and focusing more on other subjects rather then this war... blah
                  Yeah, but it did happen. End of story
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                    Dirty Jobs on Discovery Channel. Funny and edumacational. Hells Yeah.
                    I ****ing love discovery channel

Comment

didnt even know it was on. i was watching saw 3...

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by zerofailure
                        focusing more on other subjects rather then this war... blah
                        perfect example of who has forgotten what happened and has sunk back into their own little worlds and have no real sense of what life across the world is and means.

This is why the expression "the military is at war and the country is at the mall" is such a perfect description.

We are the sleeping giant because even though we are the leading empire of the world, we do not awake to what is going on around us until we are poked, raise or heads with drowsy eyes to see what happened then slump back into our dreams.
                        Last edited by BLLDOGG; 01-24-2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                          perfect example of who has forgotten what happened and has sunk back into their own little worlds and have no real sense of what life across the world is and means.

This is why the expression "the military is at war and the country is at the mall" is such a perfect description.

We are the sleeping giant because even though we are the leading empire of the world, we do not awake to what is going on around us until we are poked, raise or heads with drowsy eyes to see what happened then slump back into our dreams.

this is the best thing I have ever read o this board.
                          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                          94 comero 3.4

Comment

I agree. If everybody that thinks they know so much but has never left the US would go see the world, they may think a little different. The world is a very dangerous place.

Plus I have to add what makes everyone think they know everything? It may be different know but when I was in the army you were on a need to know and the American public doesn't need to know everything, I don't think they would sleep as well at night.
                            2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

BLLDOGG, i think that is one of the times you've posted and i've actually agreed 100% lol :tup:
                              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                2 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X