wtf ups!? <rant>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf ups!? <rant>

I've hated UPS since every single package I've ever gotten from them was at least 2 days late, in one case, 6 days. several other, 3-4.

Anyway, i ordered this amp on the 2nd of this month. The guy is an idiot on eBay and takes 2 weeks to put it in the mail. Once it's in the mail, it takes UPS a whole week on 3-5 day shipping (7 days) to get it to my door, and they come within the hour that I'm at work today. Leave a message that they'll be back tomorrow same time to try to deliver again cuz they need a signature.

WTF, why do they need a signature anyway? They've dropped off a $300 cpu on my doorstep and left without saying anything, and when they deliver an amp that cost 1/3 of that, they require a signature? what's the point anyway? I've NEVER needed a signature for the many other deliveries!

</rant>
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: wtf ups!? &lt;rant&gt;

I had my new $1500 dell computer left on my doorstep by them, but had to sign for a $25 set of ink cartridges another...

I can sympathize with you bro!
    sigpic

Comment

go pick it up
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

UPS has been good to me...

now FedEx...scratched my Corvette Rims and it took a month just to talk to the right person to get reimbursed, like 1.5months to get any $$$
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

It would seem that the UPS office in your area just plain sucks. Ive always gotten my packages on the day they were promised to be delivered. Now theres been one or two times that they didnt show up until 8 or 9 pm on the scheduled day, but they got here. And come to think of it, I havent ever had to sign for anything regardless of what it was. The UPS guy that delivers to my work says that they sometimes will try to re-deliver the package if its a bad neighborhood or potentially could get stolen off your doorstep. Try complaining to the main office, maybe they could give ya an explanation into the problem.

Comment

I can't really be too sure who is the worst but I am always happy to see my stuff arrive on time. it always seems to take atleast 24hrs to get from the main place in the city to my house like 20min away and they will not let me pick it up. :mad: I'm talking mainly UPS on that but fedex is no better

Comment

I can't pick it up, it said right on the sticky, they will just deliver it tomorrow.

I can tell you, if they think this is a 'bad neighborhood' and it's gonna get stolen, they are on drugs. Nothing gets stolen around here ever.

And yes, the UPS office around here sucks.

Fed-Ex always gets my packages to me AT LEAST one day EARLY than scheduled. In one case, 3 days early.

It seems west coast UPS sucks, FedEx rocks, East coast, UPS rocks, FedEx sucks.. from what i've gathered.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

fedex is definatly better here in Oklahoma but that are ruffer on the packages IMO

Comment

Hmm. I've watched the guys from FedEx and UPS come to my door just to see how they are on the packages, and the FedEx guys always set them down nicely, and the UPS guy that delivered my $300+ CPU literally dropped it off. in a sense he even THREW it..only a foot or two, but c'mon, you don't know what is inside the package, what if it's super fragile?

UPS=:tdown: :rant:
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i always call the UPS office and tell them I want to pick it up before my first delivery
                    I work 7am to 5pm alot so I know that I wont be there for the delivery
                    they are always very helpful and its alot less painless to pick it up on my lunchbreak then trying to figure out when I should be home
                    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

ups sucks, they mis delivered my package, that was addressed for a UPS STORE, cant get much easier...

They delivered it to a business in the wrong city...

The employee there must have realized what was in it, (new headunit, satellite radio, assorted cables ) valued over 1k dollars.. And he took it home

Well after multiple calls and trips to the ups store with my tracking number saying it was delivered they talked to the driver and he remembered where he left it, so he went back.. and the kid that worked there took it home with him, Hmmmm I wonder why..

Well turns out he had opened it all & i still didnt get the package till the next day.

I filed a claim, got back all the shipping money and $300 worth of insurance.
                      and still got to keep the stuff.
                      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i hate fed ex. as for ups they lost a package that i was shipping out. and it was a headliner from my camaro and you just think how big a hard top head liner box would be. it took 2 months to get the guys money back. oh well. i just use usps now. i haven't problems with them.
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

My dad owns a 'The UPS Store' franchise, so I have no complaints

Comment

I only use usps (priority mail) for all my shipping. I have had bad experiences with UPS and FedEx. Priority mail is to my customers in 2-3 days compared to the other places that take a week and sometimes longer
                            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Well, I work for a UPS Store and I will show no bias here

UPS, FedEx, USPS and DHL all suck to a certain extend.

UPS and FedEx are the "easiest" to deal with when you have a lost or damaged package, if their insured that is.

USPS doesn't give a **** if they lose everything you ship. If you never return they don't care.

I hardly use DHL cuz they haven't built a good rep amoung most people in my area.

As far as the PO goes, they are very difficult to deal with in person and on the phone whenever you have questions or a complaint.

But if you think about it, each company deals with millions of packages a day. There are going to be times when "ground" packages do not get to you on the date they were supposed to. As for being rough with packages, if your scared of them dropping or throwing your package 2 feet then you do not want to even know what it went thru at a hub. When I pack something here, i make sure i am comfortable enough to throw it across the room and it will not break. If your not then its not packed good enough and it should break.

Im sure FedEx, DHL, UPS and USPS do what they can within their means to get you your package.

BTW, if they leave a note on your door saying they will be there tomorrow to try again, you can always pick up at the hub at night after the driver returns.

Sorry for the long and pointless post, but im at work right now bored out of my mind....

Ryan
                              2001 Pewter A4 Firebird <br />SLP CAI, B&M shift kit, B&B triflo exhaust<br />1/4: 15.139 @ 89.28 w/2.179 60\'<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                2 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X