So, I was sucked dry....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I was sucked dry....

Settle down you perv's! This is about donating blood!

So.... over the years I have donated blood, no biggie.

I got a post card in the mail about it and I decided to call them up... appointment made for 1:00 pm on MLK day.

I go in, they ask me if I want to do a partial or full.... I'm like, WTF?? Back in my day, you just donated blood. So, partial is just blood. Full is blood, plasma, platelets, white blood cells, red blood cells and another thing which I forgot already. So, I said, sure why not.

They did some pre-screening tests... one which was hemoglobin. They mentioned 12.5..... my results were 16.9 and they became very nice to me.... more than before. They asked, want to do a double? Well.... why the hell not. My body can make more.... I'm fat now so I could do to lose a bit more weight.....and someone else may need it so I said sure!

So, I go and sit down in a comfy chair, turn on the tv and relax. The nurse brings out a sealed case the size of a frigin suit case and opens it up. There was a frigin HUGE amount of bags, spagetti amount of rubber lines, crimper thing, huge rectangle thing with tubes and valves etc. I'm thinking to myself..... Ohhhhh damn, WTF did I do???? The blood would get sucked out of me by the machine.... go to the botom of it where there was a centrifruge where it would be spun like crazy... then come up in several different lines and different color fluid.... and off to various different bags.

They hooked me up..... sucked about 4 gallons of blood etc from me. I'm sitting there and thinking to myself, one bag done, next... one more bag done, next. I'm not sure how many bags I filled.... I think I saw somewhere around 8 ish? Some had blood (big bags), some had yellow stuff (plasma? small bags), some had clearlike fluid (small bags).

I was told I can't do it again for 4 months. They gave me a t-shirt, blanket, sticker's, doughnuts, juice etc. I left the place feeling fine.... then 2 min into the ride home I thought I would have to pull over because I was SOOOOO nauseuous and dizzy. I made it home and was done. I went to bed WAY earlier than I EVER do. This morning I am still frigin beat.

Sigh..... that would be my donating story. I'll do it again.... in four months.... and have someone bring me home. I was there from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm.... JEEZ!
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Re: So, I was sucked dry....

yeah, I always decline that. too much IMO
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I would give blood if I wasn't so damn afraid of needles.
      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

im good with needles, just not in that region of my arm.

Comment

Giving blood feels kinda weird. Last time i tried to do it they wouldn't let me because of my tattoo :(
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
            Giving blood feels kinda weird. Last time i tried to do it they wouldn't let me because of my tattoo :(
            What does a tattoo have to do with giving blood? Did you just get it or something? I've got about 6 tattoos and I hate needles, something about the diffrence of it touching the top layers of skin and being stuck inside you, IDK.
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner
              I would give blood if I wasn't so damn afraid of needles.
              Heh, i used to let my paramedic friend give me IVs all the time, especially when hung over (does the trick).

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats
              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

what was in it for you?
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                  What does a tattoo have to do with giving blood? Did you just get it or something? I've got about 6 tattoos and I hate needles, something about the diffrence of it touching the top layers of skin and being stuck inside you, IDK.
                  you can't give it if you've gotten a tattoo within a number of weeks or so. first time i gave blood i felt so sick afterwards, the second time i stayed and ate all the food i could, then felt so much better.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

The first time I gave blood was back in HS. I was trying to impress some girl by going with her. I went in on an empty stomach, and I didn't know that was bad.

So I gave blood and sat down to eat these subs they had for everyone. The room starts to spin and pass out. I woke up about an hour later and a bunch of nurses came running over. I felt like crap the rest of the day.

I have given blood since then w/o incident.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Giving the blood wasn't the problem.... it was all the other things :eek: and probably the amount too :eek:
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

yeah they took too much, and yo let them take too much. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle YO JOE!

side note, I deploy too much/often to donate.
                        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                        94 comero 3.4

Comment

great job!!! i always wanted and want to give blood, but they won't take it unless your at least 110lbs. and i range betwee 98-102, so i can't! give an extra bag for me next time
                          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I CAN give blood but i choose not to because i get very dizzy and nausous ........ after my first time (also the last) giving blood i was driving on my way home ........... i couldn't even push the brake padel properly , i was so weak ............. it took me almost 4 weeks just to feel normal again .......

:)
                            09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                            sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

I donate every 52 days (the limit on time between donations) since I ride motorcycles and will more than likely need it one day. Great job on giving.:tup:

Originally posted by 12secondv6
                              They hooked me up..... sucked about 4 gallons of blood etc from me.
                              Dont you think thats a little much since the human body contains approximately 6 quarts (or 5.6 liters) of blood. You should be dead! :eek:

Some gee wiz info:
                              In one day, your blood travels nearly 12,000 miles.
                              Your heart beats around 35 million times per year.
                              Your heart pumps a million barrels of blood during the average lifetime -- enough to fill three supertankers.
                              That's a lot of mileage for six little quarts. "

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                2 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X