Request: Red Light Camera ticket photos - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request: Red Light Camera ticket photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: Red Light Camera ticket photos

Been looking around in search engines and cant find any. I want to see what the tickets you get mailed look like. I've seen them a couple times in the movies, but thats not the same.

Do they take more than one picture? One of your grinning face as your going through the intersection, and one from behind? Or what...

If you have some of your own, that would be cool if you shared :)
    I wonder if theres a gallery somewhere of people's tickets, that would be kind of amusing to look through them

Does it show how fast you were going or other data like that too?
    <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Re: Request: Red Light Camera ticket photos

Originally posted by Flowbee V6
    Been looking around in search engines and cant find any. I want to see what the tickets you get mailed look like. I've seen them a couple times in the movies, but thats not the same.

Do they take more than one picture? One of your grinning face as your going through the intersection, and one from behind? Or what...

If you have some of your own, that would be cool if you shared :)

Do they record how fast your going and stuff too?
    as far as i know the cameras do not detecd speed and they are aimed at the license plate rather than the driver.

Comment

I see....I thought there was some deal a while back about how people would cover their face so they couldnt prove who was driving the car...Maybe it varies from state to state?

One reason I want to take a look at these photos is to see how "fool-proof" these things are...You know, there can be cases where you stop past the crosswalk slightly as the light turns red but dont really go through the intersection....
      Last edited by Flowbee V6; 12-21-2006, 04:13 AM.
      <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Comment

the police would have to go thru so much work proving or disproving who the actual person driving the car was. thats why the owner of the car gets a nice ticket in the mail regardless.

And about the corss walks, yea I dont know how that works, It must only snap the pic if you come like waaaaay out after the light change, but i am not sure?

I do know that i would have gotten one on my way home from work tonight tho.......not proud of that!

Comment

I believe it takes a picture of just the car. Red light cameras are being taken down all over though due to the inability to prove who is driving the car.
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

The cameras are taking about 3 snaps per second. It gets the front and rear of the vehicle.

But yes, they are starting to remove them in most places, because the owner of a vehicle will fight to the death that it wasn't them driving, and the justice system really can't prove them wrong. It really sucks if say you buy your teenager a vehicle and it's in your name and you just start getting tickets in the mail for running yellow lights at intersections. I would kill my kid. :)

Comment

they aren't coming down everywhere, they are going up here more and more.
              There is a ton of money to be made by these things and all they have to do is tweak the laws a bit and there won't be much to fight. Before the camera's go up they usually tweak the laws so that the excuse of "that wasn't me driving the car" is covered and the registered owner gets the ticket no matter what.

Also don't think you are free and clear in a rental car either. They will get charged for the violation then come looking for you for the money, or just take it right off your credit card.
              -Brad
              98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
              2000 V-Star Custom 1100
              If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
              :rock:

Comment

I got a ticket from a camera in Germany once. It was a speeding ticket. I don't think that they take more than one pic, it's just that it's such good quality that they zoom in on what they want and enhance it. They had a really nice shot of my face, with smile, the front plate and then one of the whole car. They hook them up with a radar gun, and it automaticly snaps the photo.

Here I would think all they would have to do is hook it up with a motion detector and take a picture. There isn't speed involved, so be lucky. If they just get you for running a light, not for speeding to run it also. They would have to have more than one camera in states that don't require a plate in the front also.

What about parking tickets. I know that isn't the subject, but how does that work in court, if you didn't park the car there? I would think it would be the same outcome, of the "it wasn't me driving" defense.

Rob

Edit... The Polizei didn't let me keep the picture either... they wouldn't even let me touch it.
                Last edited by rt1; 12-21-2006, 09:18 AM.
                \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

I got one in oregon about a year ago, ill try and find it and post it. If i remember right it took 2 or 3 pictures. one pic before i crossed the crosswalk then one picture when i am in the middle of the intersection. one of the pictures was of me and the other ones were of the back of the car. I said it wasnt me and gave them a fake name and address in canada. That was the last thing i heard about it. I guess since they can not prosecute in canada.

Comment

I have a ticket around my house somewhere i dont really feel like scanning it though but yes it does tell your speed along with the speed limit, takes 3 pictures of the car, one of the license plate, one of your car as soon as the light is turning red, and one right after when your car is right in the middle of the inersection. I duno what they do if you are speeding though i was only going 5 mph over the speed limit so i duno...
                    1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

We should just thank our lucky stars that the nanny state here hasn't progressed to the ridiculous point that it has in the UK. Its bordering on autocratic there... number of speed cameras they've got. Cause you can always tell where the camera is because of the giant flurecent yellow box on the side of the road and the graduated stripes on the road.

Which brings me to a point: If there is no indication that a camera is present at an intersection then getting a ticket from pictures taken by it should not be allowed (unconstitutional i think).. i believe that according to the supreme court a driver has the right to show that he is willing to obey the law. Thats why cops can't camoflage their cars at speed traps, because speeding motorists apparently have the right to see the cop, realize they are speeding, and slow down. ... At least i think thats right, cuz i remember reading a car and driver article about cops who were camoflageing their cars to catch more speeders (in Indiana), and they were told not to by the courts.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

You are correct. A police officer has to make his car visible to motorists in order to conduct a speed trap. And I believe you have a point there about not letting them know that there is a camera taking a picture of them.

But, if you are ever down here in the south or around the Tampa area in Florida they have the same setup and you can unmistakably tell it's there. It's in the Red and Green lights in the stop light. You can see the flash going off very rapidly when the light turns yellow and then while it is red. And then when it's green it does it once every 5 seconds or so (probably a little more than that, but I've never actually sat at a green light to count it. )

Comment

the pantie wastes in dayton nhave contracted out the cameras to a company inarizona. the cost is $85. if you want to dispute it, you "must" include an $85 check as bond for the court date. if found innocent, you get to pay court fee, of........$85. what a scam. I got a notice a month or so back. i called up the aZ office about their fraudulant mailing. How was it they guessed, yes, you couldn't read the plate clearly, they were hoping for a spineless p.o.s. to pay w/o challenging, at the plate and said my 85 bird ran the light when the picture had a 2004+ grand Prix. they put me on hold while they figured out how to c.y.a.

Turned out they decided to drop it. wonder why.

merry christmaqs everyone.
                          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                          94 comero 3.4

Comment

Speed Camera > Red light camera

:)
                            09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                            sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                              That is awesome! I brought the same thing up while I was in Germany. There you are going toward the camera, so I thought there has to be a speed that it would see that you were speeding, then by the time it took the picture, it would get the door or back of the car if at all. Great post.

Rob
                              \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X