X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this taking it too far?

I'm not going there... ;) :D
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

lol....I had a 4yr old boy today at work ask me If we were allowed to smoke inside my shop. I was shocked that he asked such a thing until he mentioned one of our crack head detailers was smoking as he walked by like 20ft away and the smoke was bothering him. I never noticed it until he said something because my mom smokes but you could actually taste the smoke and fell it burning in your lungs. If you do not care about yourselves or the other adults who have a choice to be by you when you smoke, remember the young kids who can not chose what types of businesses they are brought into or what beach they are brought to swim at.

I'm sure as a young person, the burning is worse since i guess you are not well acquainted with it.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

you guys cant help but turn everything into a heated debate can you :rolleyes:

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
          What about second hand smoke? Are non-smokers being treated as second class citizens because they have to inhale cancerous carcinogens from smokers?
          what about walking away?
          2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
            What about second hand smoke? Are non-smokers being treated as second class citizens because they have to inhale cancerous carcinogens from smokers?

second hand smoke on a beach? ur more likely to get sick from the exhast of all the cars........

Comment

as a previous smoker, i can still say all these new laws are dumb.... how can u tell someone they cant do somthin legal? its retarded.... i think everyone should stop smoking, i smoked for almost 4 years, and stopped cold turkey..... only the first 3 days are bad, after that its just the habbit u gotta get rid of... like when u smoke out of bordem while driving..... u will feel so much better, more energized and blah blah blah... but n e ways, i could understand like maybe fining for littering or something, but seriously, this is just retarded

Comment

I agree it has gone totally too far, coming from yours truly, a non-cigarette smoker and ex-pot smoker. We will soon see certain American freedoms slowly erode away but that depends on the class of citizens we are voting in office for so think twice at the voting booths next time around. Your gripe about this issue is multi-faceted with facts and scenarios.

In my wallet, I posess a shiny Commercial Drivers License ( CDL ). It basically tells me that the U.S. Government owns me and they have the right to randomly drug test my urine and/or blood at anytime in my life IF they suspect it. This only occurs if I happen to cause an commercial vehicle accident or upon applying for any branch of U.S. government jobs that require me to be behind the wheel.

I certainly would agree why they would do this. For instance, G-0-D forbid I smoke a fat joint and kill a family in a Dodge Caravan while being high and run them over with my 18 wheeler gasoline rig loaded with 8000 gallons of Sunoco fuel. I lose my CDL for life and rot in jail for several years. Therefore, my pot smoking days are over due to the immense and personal responsibilty that I must abide by the law. The same goes for alcohol consumption. I cannot drink any alcoholic beverage hours before and during the time I am utilizing my CDL but I can go home and unwind with a beer as long as I am not driving within a specific set of hours described by the law. I sure miss enjoying a cold one with my buddies right after work but I'd have to throw my keys to the bartender out of common sense to do so. I rather kill a few beers at home and watch my girl try on a few garments of sexy lingerie instead.

So without getting off the subject, there are rules certain people like me must obey and I do not have a problem with that whatsover. However, I hate not partying like a wild animal, I miss it but the money is great and I'm healthier too. It's a nice life.

I have to add that last years Fourth of July fireworks event held in my hometown raised an incident where a small family, sitting on the grass b1tched about second hand smoke coming from the dozens of cigarette smokers that surrounded them BUT the family didn't mind at all when the huge cloud of sulfurous smoke from the spent fireworks had engulfed them and all the spectators after the show. They even threatened a lawsuit to petition for next years event to be smoke free on the grass, WTF!

Yep, it has gone too far in my opinion to answer your question. No more fireworks shows at the beach, think about that for a sec.

Stop the insanity.
                Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

The way I see it, if somone is smoking and it's bothering you... walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinking13x
                    The way I see it, if somone is smoking and it's bothering you... walk away.
                    What if you were there first tho? ;)

The way i look at this issue is purely from a garbage perspective. While beaches may be made of sand (thank you FBody :p) they are not ash trays, and a lot of smokers do treat them as such... which is sad, cuz beaches are a hell of a lot nicer when they're not covered with trash. And that goes for all trash too, not just ciggys. As far as i'm concerned eating at the beach should very well also get banned, you're only gonna get sand in your food anyway.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                    R.I.P. '07 Pats
                    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X