X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids are teens now

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15905527/?GT1=8717

It seems that kids are becoming older at younger ages, if that makes sense

Technology ****ed up the good 'ole lifestyle we use to have. I like the way my parents raised me, but it seems like it'll be hard to raise my kids the way I was with **** where its at now. :tup: :tdown: ?
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Re: Kids are teens now

Man, Im living that generation and I cant even say I am much like that, not much of my class is even like that.

We never really were like that until about 15-16, when everyone was getting thier lisences, then we kinda broke away a little bit, and started "growing up" (ok, I havnt really grown up, but I have gone past the kid age :) )

Comment

That picture disturbs me. :P

1st: The three of them practice in a college baseball stadium?
      2nd: Look at that stance, he's never going to get any body weight or full motion into the ball.
      3rd: Dad is so going to get hit in the chin with a foul tip, so keep on smiling dad. :)

As for kids growing up to fast, it's true. There isn't anything we can do about it. It has been this way for years. Each year or two the age drops where individuals make that drastic change that makes them seem older. It is just the way the world is these days. Kids are faced with so many pressures that we didn't have to worry with when growing up. The other day outside of New Orleans, LA. in a city called Kenner, an 8 year old boy was brought to the office under the suspicion of a large wad of money that fell out of his pocket during lunch. After bringing the boy to the office, they confiscated his backpack and inside they found a few baggies short of a quarter pound of marijuana. In his pocket they found a little over 340 dollars. Upon being questioned by the local police, he was selling the marijuana to other kids at his school and at the bus stop after school.

When I was 8 year's old the only thing I would have gotten in trouble for selling was my G.I. Joe action figures or an Atari game or something.

Too many parents let kids watch t.v. channels such as MTV, ABC and CBS which airs shows that portray kids to always be doing cool stuff with their friends, wearing makeup, hanging out at the mall and other various things while never under adult supervision. It makes it out as though the kids caught a cab to the mall just to hang out with their other 11 year old friends. It's the media and the television marketing. You have to have this Ipod or that line of makeup and what not and listen to this genre of music. It's all garbage, but the parents are still letting the kids watch it and the kids look to it as their personal guide. Whatever the kids on the O.C. do and wear this week, is guranteed to be the next weeks fashion and guidelines to the rest of the children across America's social standings.

I was walking through Wal-Mart the other day and overheard two little kids who were probably 4 and a half feet tall with little baby faces talking about how they were going to go to this party on Friday after Thanksgiving. It was going to be a blast, cuz the dude throwing it got his mom's stash of 10's and they were going to be high as a kite. So, I guess they were referring to Loritab 10's or Loriset's. Who knows, it's just ridiculous. But, judging by their height and appearance in the face and body physique, I am willing to say that these kids were no older than 12(and that's pushing it) and this is what their parents let them do with their free time.

I'm going to shut up now, because I could go on all day and probably use up the site's entire bandwith discussing this matter and speaking out how disgusted I am with hundred's of thousands of parents all across the world, because they let their kids live their lives like they see on t.v. or like the supposedly cool kid at school.

Comment

i would prally say i'm like that.. i grew out of alot a that stuff pretty quick... or maybe its just everyone else at my school is INSANELY immature.... especially the juniors
        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

next thing ya know, they'll be calling 13yr olds teen agers.
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

3.4 I think im missing something? lol, wait, I know im missing something, as far as I knew it in Canada, I was a teenager at 13?

Comment

Nah, Canada lied to you. Sorry for the misinterrpretation.

:)

Comment

definitely true and I saw it first hand growing up. my mother always commented on these types of things when i grew up through school compared to my sisters who are only 3-4yrs older than I. and as boys, my piers and I always commented on how girls were physically and sexually maturing sooner and sooner
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
                  ...overheard two little kids who were probably 4 and a half feet tall with little baby faces talking about how they were going to go to this party on Friday after Thanksgiving. It was going to be a blast, cuz the dude throwing it got his mom's stash of 10's and they were going to be high as a kite. So, I guess they were referring to Loritab 10's or Loriset's. Who knows, it's just ridiculous. But, judging by their height and appearance in the face and body physique, I am willing to say that these kids were no older than 12(and that's pushing it) and this is what their parents let them do with their free time.
                  Its sad to hear that 10 year olds are gonna be ****ing pill heads, pharmaceuticals are so bad for you. Next thing you know those kids are Pharmies and have to take pills everyday just cause they'll get addicted to them :(
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                    Its sad to hear that 10 year olds are gonna be ****ing pill heads, pharmaceuticals are so bad for you. Next thing you know those kids are Pharmies and have to take pills everyday just cause they'll get addicted to them :(

You couldn't be anymore right than that. Kids are following bad examples by watching those teen shows, and the teen shows that show the teens talking on the same level with grown ups and they are each others friends. It puts images into those kids minds that they are equals to the grown ups and makes them believe that they don't have to show any respect.

Also, what is with kids listening to rap these days? I wish their parents would walk up and smack them. I go into FYI to buy cd's and I will see a parent purchasing their kid a cd that is rated for audiences 17 or older. Why are you buying your kid that? If he isn't old enough to purchase it, then chances are there is a reason he isn't, let him wait.

Comment

i hate how kids are being raised these days

the word "innocent" no longer exsits

except for OJ hahahaha

Comment

I hate how there is no losing or doing bad anymore. When I was growing up and played hockey and played ****ty I heard it from my dad. Or if we lost we were told we lost and we needed more practice. Some of my older cousins have kids and I've seen this in public that if their kid sucks at something, they're like "oh well you'll get them next time! Your super!" Or they are still winners even after losing a game 14-0. Maybe im explaining this wrong but back in the day if you lost or sucked at something you heard about it and fixed it. You weren't told "super job now lets get you a pizza!!" I think thats making kids today weak.
                        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Yep, kids today are just plain little pussy *****es. I grew up playing sports year round: soccer (indoor and outdoor), baseball, basketball and i've played hockey all of my life. If i was doing ****ty, i knew it. I wasn't told i was doing fine, cause i wasn't.

Comment

Not to worry: there's still winning and losing going on out there, even if it's not PC among the millions of parents of underachievers. Speaking as a veteran of the ultra-competitive USYSA club soccer scene, that is. There are state, regional and national rankings, state, regional, national and international tournaments, and plenty of kids participating. Those who've got the skills, that is.

As for growing up too early, that reminds me of the shock I had one time driving my youngest and her competitive Cheer squad mates to a practice. There was something not quite "right" about a carload of 11 and 12 year old girls bopping around singing "It's getting hot in here - so take off all your clothes..." That was just TOO WEIRD... I had to find another radio channel fast!
                            \'01 Camaro Y87 A4 - 100% stock, so far

Comment

I dunno - My boys are growing up Ok. They are both in Cub Scouts (the oldest will be crossing over to Boy Scouts this year). We do "old school" stuff like family game nights, drive-in movies, reading books, going on bike hikes and playing sports together. We watch ****VanDyke reruns on DVDs.
                              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X