Filtermag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtermag

Does anyone use a filtermag on their oil filter?
    If not, I would highly recommend using one. It will honestly expand the life of your engine.

You can read all the information on this great invention here at their website:
    http://www.filtermag.co.uk/

Re: Filtermag

niiice :imitates Borat: ...............

:)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

pretty similar to a magnetic oil plug.

Comment

Yes, but doesn't the oil run through the filter before it gets to the oil pan?

I would want to catch it as early on as possible.

Comment

Yeah, which does come first, the oil pickup in the pan or the filter?

Doesn't it go: Pan --> Pick up --> Pump --> Filter --> Engine

So a mag in the pan would pic up anything from the engine, and not put it through the pump.

Rob
          Last edited by rt1; 11-26-2006, 04:51 PM.
          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

So, it's alright for the tiny metal pieces to go through the engine? I would think it has to be doing some kind of damage, very minute, but possibly something in the long run. I guess you could never be too protective and just use the Filtermag and the magnetic oil plug.

I was just curious as to if anyone used this on their cars. Because I wanted some real testimonials before I spent that kind of money just for a magnet.

Comment

interesting.

the thing with the oil pan magnet is it is not powerful enough to pull the metal from a far, only what passes close close by. the oil is funneled more at the filter and If this is really powerful enough, it should work. I wonder if it causes basically clogged in the filter though...???

personally, I want something strong in the pan so it doesn't make it to the pump just cause. there are millions of cars running around with these particles including mine and all of yours....it doesn't destroy an engine that quick.
              Last edited by BLLDOGG; 11-26-2006, 11:05 PM.
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I'll do some more reading on this and see what I can find. I will let you know if I see any mentioning of it clogging or possibly helping to prevent possible clogging issues (I actually think I saw something to that affect, but I could be thinking about something totally different). Whatever the case, I'm on top of it, to get the scoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
                  So, it's alright for the tiny metal pieces to go through the engine?
                  No, the metal pieces should be coming from the engine, so if they stop in the pan, they won't go through the pump.

I guess get one of the filtermags and stick it to the side of the pan. But you'll have to drop the pan to get them out.

Rob
                  \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

I've not tried one yet, but I probably will in the future, once I get my engine built. From the reports I've read, they create a much stronger magnetic field than the tiny magnets on the drain plugs do. And since the oil in the filter is much closer the magnet, its bound to work better. There is the problem of these particles going thru the pump. However, these magnets are designed to catch the stuff too small for the filters to get, so those particles would normally be going thru your pump if you didnt have one of these magnets.

I believe its a valid design. I'll prolly use on myself once i get my engine together, in conjunction with the magnetic drain plug. They both add another level of protection to your motor, without hindering flow rate in any form. If you got the cash for it, its prolly good insurance.
                    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X