NEw way of multipication... easy math CRAZY - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEw way of multipication... easy math CRAZY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEw way of multipication... easy math CRAZY

pretty interesting!

http://www.fazed.org/video/?id=512

Re: NEw way of multipication... easy math CRAZY

That is pretty neat. I don't believe it will work for all equasions, but I would study it further if I new all the rules to this way of multiplication.

I will find an article about it and read up on it so I can understand the rules of it and so forth.

Either way though, if it doesn't work all the time and even if it does work all the time, I believe that is the coolest breakthrough in math that I have seen in a long time.

Comment

who had the timeee

Comment

Its sorta cool, but i don't have time to draw out all of those lines. I'd rather just blast through the equation with my immense amount of math genius
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Hmm... cool?

I like it, I agree, Id rather just stretch the old brain out a bit, or grab my calculator, but remember back in like grade 4-7 where you had to do some mental math. I think this kinda thing could be used for kids.

I will dedicate the rest of my night screwing around with this :P :banana:

later :wavey:

PS. Yes, my night is that boring

Comment

Ok, if you screwed around with it, you did realize that anything below 11 isn't possible and any number that has a zero in it isn't possible either.

Actually, now that I've fiddled with it more, I see how the zero comes into play.
            Each problem has to have 3 different sides on the box you draw out with the numbers. A left, a center, and a right. Well, if the right doesn't have any crossing X axis and Y axis lines then it will be a zero. So, yes you can calculate numbers that have a zero in them.

Well, I had assumed before that you couldn't do single digits in the multiplication problem, because I was just thinking I had to get a number for the left, center, and right. Well, after trying some things like 6 x 7 and a few others like 9 x 9 I have realized that it does work, but it leaves you with the amount of dots as the answer to count out.

So, for now I suppose I am going to say this is flawless, but I am going to keep looking for cracks such as decimals and what not, and fractions :)

Though, whoever mixed the geometry with simple math was genious. I'm surprised this hasn't been stumbled on before in the amount of time Geometry has been studied. And calculus as well. Because things are counted on a X,Y axis to get the answer and find a particular point and it would seem obvious that after doing it for so long that the crossed lines were there screaming at you to count them and put it into use.
            Last edited by Vanquish; 11-22-2006, 11:45 PM.

Comment

who wants to bet that, that kid is asian and owns a ricer

:wavey:

Comment

I am willing to bet the person is an asian. I dont think she has a ricer.

nah, shes a ricer for sure :P

PS Vanquish, numbers under 11 are usuable. Try 2*3
                Last edited by Cyborg; 11-22-2006, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah I edited my post about 10 or 15 minutes ago stating that I actually tried them and realized that it was possible.

The only thing that I had tried at first and thought not to be possible were equasions that had the number 0 in it, but now that I have realized that every equasion has a box that consits of a X,Y axis in the left corner, the center, and the right corner no matter if it isn't even there, they are still counted, so if there is no axis it represents a 0.

I just did a rather large equasion 14,324 x 4,215 and it still works, so I'm moving up to 6 digit numbers to see if that works. I'm going to figure out a flaw in this besides the obvious.

Comment

wow thats pretty cool i might have to show that to my calculus professor...
                    1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

well thats retarded

I can do it the long way by hand (dont know what thats called) alot faster than that idiot can draw lines and count

honestly, if i saw someone doing that on a piece of paper id call them a moron

Its like when people add with their fingers...just plain stupid
                      2001 Pewter A4 Firebird <br />SLP CAI, B&M shift kit, B&B triflo exhaust<br />1/4: 15.139 @ 89.28 w/2.179 60\'<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        5 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X