35th anniv 3500 series 2 v8 engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35th anniv 3500 series 2 v8 engine?

as title states, has anyone heard of such a thing? i went an looked at a camaro the other day that my dad was tellin me about. my dad was told by the owner it had a v8 in it. its a 35th anniv '02. looks like a plain jane v6, single exit exhaust and all, no badging. i called the guy and asked about it. i asked if it was a v6 or a v8, he said v8, i asked if it was a z28 he said no. i asked what engine it had then, he said and i quote " 35th anniversary 3500 series 2 v8". i said thank you and then bye.(thinking in my head he is a dip****). anyone heard of this engine??
    \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Re: 35th anniv 3500 series 2 v8 engine?

hes probably just trying to rip you off saying it has a V8
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Lol. No such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by silversixx
        Lol. No such thing.

my thoughts exactly. what a dip****.
        \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

The guy is a rtard. technically all 2002 we're 35th anniversy ( however the **** it's spelled ) the v6's and the z28's got a little plaque that said 35th Anniwahatever Chevrolet Camaro above the radio rather than the plain jane Camaro. The SS's had the stripes and whatnot. It's a v6. The guy is a moron. lol, he's also wrong about the engine, it's a 3800 series II OHV v6
          99 WS6
          13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
          tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

i would go and mess with him about it, tell him you ran the vin and its 1: 10,000 and you cant believe he isnt asking more

Comment

^^ what he said
              99 WS6

Comment

Originally posted by silversixx
                Lol. No such thing.
                funny stuff, but as silversixx said, no such thing.
                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

too bad it doesnt have the 35th 3800 series 2 v8, those things are uber-rare :banana:

in all seriousness though, he propably will tell you its a 3800 s2 v8 even if you look at the engine...tell him "it must be a clone, cause only 6 were ever made" ;)
                  Last edited by Tradition_F; 11-07-2006, 08:05 PM.

Comment

whats his number? ill call him and askin him about it

87 Firebird RIP
                    96 Camaro RS RIP
                    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Tradition_F
                      ...tell him "it must be a clone, cause only 6 were ever made" ;)

i talked him down to 5k and bought it. then told him that, you should have seen the look on his face!!! priceless

lol jk.....im sure by now he realizes its a v6 oh well i got my camaro so i dont care i just found it quite amusing as to his "v8" camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 99 RS Camaro
                        i talked him down to 5k and bought it. then told him that, you should have seen the look on his face!!! priceless

lol jk.....im sure by now he realizes its a v6 oh well i got my camaro so i dont care i just found it quite amusing as to his "v8" camaro
                        Pics?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                        R.I.P. '07 Pats
                        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

maybe it was a v8 clone with 3500 miles on it or he just said it wrong lol

Comment

i heard the 3500 v8 motor has vtec.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

y0, when that vtec kicks in, my s2000 i can outrun corvettes Dawg!!1!11!!1!!
                              99 WS6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                                Low Voltage
                                by Vladimir Gecko
                                I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                                19 hours ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                6 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X