How to remove oil stain from cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove oil stain from cloth?

Just as the title of the thread... How can i remove oil stain from my Khaki pants? ...couple weeks ago i hit my ram air dam .....so, i kneeled down to see how bad was the damage .....for some reason, there were some engine oil on the ground .....that's how i got engine oil stain.....i washed couple times , even soaked in soap water for 48 hours but i still have the stain ......Does anyone have any unique tip on how to remove it? ..thanks :)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Re: How to remove oil stain from cloth?

oil degreeser
    maybe spray n wash
    idk
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

when you engage in relations with your boyfriend use water based lubes, not oil based ones next time.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
        when you engage in relations with your boyfriend use water based lubes, not oil based ones next time.
        Seems like YOU have a lot of experience in that ...... :) .....LOL...... still need a solution, though....if not, my $40 Dockers in trash :mad:

Originally posted by slow6
        oil degreeser
        maybe spray n wash
        idk
        What kind of oil degreaser? i think it would be too strong for cloth..
        Last edited by kala; 10-19-2006, 12:26 AM.
        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Try using hairspray.

Ive gotten ink on clothing before, and used hairspray on the fabric stain and worked well.
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by kala
            Seems like YOU have a lot of experience in that ...... :) .....LOL...... still need a solution, though....if not, my $40 Dockers in trash :mad:

What kind of oil degreaser? i think it would be too strong for cloth..

or keep them and be happy you have a nice new pair of junky pants to where when you work on your car or do other things.

Its what I do, I got a sweet new pair of polo cargo shorts. for working on my car, and painting and crap.

They are comfortable too...

Comment

I think that once they've been washed with the stain, it's basically pemanent. You have to treat the stain as it happens, or else it'll soak in and destroy the clothing.
              Looks as though you have a new set of pants to work on the car with...
              sigpic

Comment

It may be too late, but I've always gotten oil out of my clothes by rubbing in some orange hand-cleaner & then throwing them in the washer.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
                  I think that once they've been washed with the stain, it's basically pemanent.
                  It's usually the dryer that sets the stain in.

I have yet to find a way to get oil stains out.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                    It's usually the dryer that sets the stain in.

I have yet to find a way to get oil stains out.
                    Yeah, once you throw something in the dryer it pretty much makes all of the stains set
                    2000 M5 Pewter Firebird [Monsoon stereo]<br /><a href=\"http://www.centerlinewheels.com/sub_wheel.php?mw_id=2\" target=\"_blank\">16\" Centerline Galaxy Wheels</a> . <a href=\"http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/\" target=\"_blank\">Headlight fix</a> . Under dash lighting . Dashmat . Headlight conversion<br />84k miles<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tucsonbird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a><br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

try some gojo hand cleaner... the clothes i wear to Autozone always end up getting nasty stuff all over them... i use gojo and rub it in for a while.. maybe use some sort of nail brush to scrub it too... gets most of the stains out.. id say give it a shot and if it doesnt work, at least you still have some work pants and a container or hand cleaner for cleanin up afterwards...
                      Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X