Getting oil off driveway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting oil off driveway?

My brothers Jaguar has been leaking power stearing fluid and now his box truck is pissing tranny fluid. and MY yes MY oil pan is leaking now? i hear its a expensive fix? but anyway my driveway is now a warzone with automotive blood everywhere!?!?! oil, grease, tranny fluid, power stearing, and thanks to my GF engine coolant!! and my brothers coolaid! anything that removes thies stains from concrete/driveways or even the asphalt drive where i use to make my bro park his jag

Re: Getting oil off driveway?

good question i would really like to know what anybody has had luck using. mine looks like the description above.

Comment

Purple lightning + Heated Pressure Washer? =p
      1996 Chev Camaro RS 3.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2233257/1</a>

Comment

what type of surface is teh driveway?? I've gotten cleaner/acid type stuff to clean up concrete driveway, but my bird also peed tranny fluid on my asphalt driveway, and not sure what to use. time to go to lowe's & ask teh question
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

i used to work for a pressure washing company and we used 20,000 psi to get em off... although it was a very expensive wash
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i use degreaser and it works great
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
              i use degreaser and it works great
              what kind and where to get it. how do/did you use it. . details man!!

Comment

at the garage i work at, i just take a rag, put it over the oil, and like... spin my foot on top of it, scuff it up. then mop over it with a big mop. it works for me.
                otherwise... try brake cleaner?
                2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                2006 S60- Sold
                2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
                  at the garage i work at, i just take a rag, put it over the oil, and like... spin my foot on top of it, scuff it up. then mop over it with a big mop. it works for me.
                  otherwise... try brake cleaner?
                  i used brake cleaner on my . . . brakes and it left orange spots on the driveway. very disapointed. didnt clean **** eather
                  And its fresher some of this has been here for 4 years

Comment

me and my dad used simple green and a pressure washer. just sprayed the simple green on the spots where it was bad...let it sit a couple minutes...then followed over the entire driveway (short driveway) with a pressure washer...worked perfectly.
                    1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

degreaser, and a pushbroom to "scrub" it out, then wasah or pressure wash away, if it doesnt clear up right away it will with a few rain cycles.

Comment

If it is concrete, you can use some muriatic acid. However, but be careful to very thoroughly rinse away all of the acid, or you'll end up with a cool hole where the stain used to be.
                        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I have heard a six pack of Coca Cola will do the trick.

Pop a few cans and let the harsh acid do its job.

Get back to me if this works lol.
                          Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

On a realted note:

What do you use to get oil off of a concrete garage floor? In prep for doing something like epoxy'ing it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X