Saved T-Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved T-Top

I nearly lost a T-top on the interstate yesterday.. After driving around town for awhile I got on the interstate got up to around 70 mph and hear a strange sucking whistling noise I look up and my T-top is starting to blow out. Luckily the window was down so I could grab before it blew away.
    I've read posts on here in the past about T-tops coming out like that. Now I understand how upsetting that can be.

Re: Saved T-Top

thats one of the things im super worried about with myne cuz i did the conversion myself u know ...lucky u saved it
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

did you forget to latch it or something, or did it just randomly happen?

Comment

i forgot to latch mine back the other day and i heard a whislte, luckily my window was down and i had a quick enough reflex to hold it down... my heart was pounding mainly because i was in front of a brand new mustang.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...5&pagenumber=1
          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68

thanks for that tip! ill be checking mine.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i have my brackets pushed as close to each ttop as they can be so they are super tight
              <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

imo, if you cant remember to latch and lock your t-top back into place, you dont need to be behind the wheel, of any car for that matter
                \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 99 RS Camaro
                  imo, if you cant remember to latch and lock your t-top back into place, you dont need to be behind the wheel, of any car for that matter
                  thats the point... they were latched on some of the cars...
                  millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

well when your new to ttops and you are getting upset at your women things happen, lol... but i have another problem. the guy i bought the car off of didn't have a door key or the key to lock the ttops. All i have its the ignition key and keyless entry.
                    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I had it latched. Unless someone tried to sabotage my car by unlatching the T-top. Thats less than likely, but I'm keeping them latched and now locked

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        2 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X