Hey Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys

Hey guys. I just joined cause I just got a 97 Camaro RS. This is kind of my first car, I did have a S-10 blazer ebfor this, but I did almost nothing to it except some body work. Right now, it has quite abit power IMO. What would you say a stock 3.8 has HP wise? So far, all that's been done to this one is a K&N filter and some mods to the exhaust. I bought it with all this done, so I don't know the details. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and all. Anyone else down here in the Vero Beach, FL area?

Here's my car domain for some pics and stuff on it -> CLICKY

Do you guys think I got a good deal on this? Onyl paid $4995
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: Hey Guys

:wavey: hey man welcome to the boards... youll find tons of great info and good people here...and your camaro is pretty nice to..its a good start :tup: but oh man id lose the tail lights lol ....
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V6
      :wavey: hey man welcome to the boards... youll find tons of great info and good people here...and your camaro is pretty nice to..its a good start :tup: but oh man id lose the tail lights lol ....
      A couple of people have told me that, but I like them. I think they look better than the stock ones. I'm thinking of getting some clear headlight covers, if I can find them. What should I get instead of the Altezzas?

Also, according to the CarFax and the dealer, this is a RS. But, I don't see any RS badges on it. How would I tell it's an RS? And, I can't find the RPO codes anywhere. I've looked in the glovebox and the door, but can't find them.
      Last edited by RadRacer; 06-06-2006, 10:37 PM.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Comment

tail lights are god ugly. other than that its a nice car! Team stock tail lights FTW!

welcome to the site.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Cool car, needs stock lights back on..... and I think you can tell its an RS from the Dual Exahust, and LSD.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Originally posted by flyfrito_SS
            Cool car, needs stock lights back on..... and I think you can tell its an RS from the Dual Exahust, and LSD.
            correct me if I am wrong, but the RS package is just an appearance package, you know, ground effects and all that. your referring to the y87 performance package.

the dual outlet muffler is usually a sign of the y87 package, but since you think the previous owner gutted the cat he may have added the muffler. since you cannot find the stickers just do a burn out to see if you have the Y87 package. if you have the package you will leave 2 black streets. If not it will just be one.
            95 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/</a> <br /><br />me on a good day------&gt; <a href=\"http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">linky</a>

Comment

Nice car! But the tail lights... (of course, I'm an old guy, so what do I know??? ).
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.brandon
                correct me if I am wrong, but the RS package is just an appearance package, you know, ground effects and all that. your referring to the y87 performance package.

the dual outlet muffler is usually a sign of the y87 package, but since you think the previous owner gutted the cat he may have added the muffler. since you cannot find the stickers just do a burn out to see if you have the Y87 package. if you have the package you will leave 2 black streets. If not it will just be one.

Well then, I can already tell you it's an RS. It supposedly has a ground effects kit on it. That exhaust looks like it was made for that rear bumper.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Comment

Pretty nice looking maro. I think $5k for that milage on a 3.8 is a pretty good deal.

The easiest way for you to tell if it's a Y87 is if you have drum brake or rear disks. That muffler isn't stock because the Y87 duals are turn downs.

Comment

It's got disks in the front and drums in the back, is it a RS?
                    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                    A few things

Comment

i think you got a pretty good deal, i paid 6 (was listed at 7) for my 98 with 135k on the clock

Comment

Pre-'01 RS's just had ground effects, spoiler & badging.

Judging on the spoiler alone, I'd say its pretty unlikely someone replaced the RS spoiler with a standard version.

I think the Y87 exhaust had turned down tips. I think its pretty unlikely your exhaust is stock unless its a Z28 take-off.
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Someone on here asked a similar question about an RS and found that almost all v6's are said to be "RS's" on Carfax. My former 97 looked just like yours, it was not an RS but Carfax said it was.

The RS package is just ground effects and a 3 piece spoiler. Your car doesnt have gfx (except on the rear bumper) or the spoiler so I would say no its not an RS. The rear gfx on your rear bumper is aftermarket cuz the OEM ones were straight across and yours has 2 cut outs for the exhaust tips.

Nice car though! Welcome aboard! :)
                          Last edited by Shodown; 06-07-2006, 10:45 AM.
                          sigpic
                          1997 Camaro RS A4
                          2006 Chevy Colorado
                          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X