Federal Ruling On Dex-Cool Near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Ruling On Dex-Cool Near

I came across this interesting article I had to share with you all.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...605230333/1014

While we have our personal views on the orange coolant, the debate should be settled soon now.
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Re: Federal Ruling On Dex-Cool Near

ha! finally I hope they just go back to green.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

"Near"? Not even close. Try years away.

It's a legal deal. Lawyers are trying to get a judge to approve a "class action" law suit. That's a law suit for many people who have the same issue, contested by a few "named plaintiffs". The results are then applied to all.

For lawyers it's the promised land. They rake off a small piece of each award and make many millions. But there are rules about when the tactic can be used. GM has already successfully defeated the startup of a State class action on this before. This is just another law firm taking a run at it, going to a Federal court. In the (unlikely?) event it's approved this time, the actual case will take a long time.
      2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

my car has always used dex, and had no problems. and i just bought a new radiator and filled it up with orange. as long as you watch it and take care of it and change it a little more often, i dont see a problem with it. but lets not make what i just said into a orange vs. green debate. haha
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I have never seen a car come into my shop with problems with their dexcool
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
            my car has always used dex, and had no problems. and i just bought a new radiator and filled it up with orange. as long as you watch it and take care of it and change it a little more often, i dont see a problem with it. but lets not make what i just said into a orange vs. green debate. haha
            The GM dealership where I live says you dont change the orange stuff near as much, you should change it around 100,000 miles is what they told me
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98</a>

Comment

Originally posted by blackFbird_98
              The GM dealership where I live says you dont change the orange stuff near as much, you should change it around 100,000 miles is what they told me
              yea well thats cuz they are GM.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by blackFbird_98
                thats where they are getting in trouble now because its not lasting a lot of people 100,000 miles, and its gumming up and messing up... well... everything, all because they set a change interval that was too long, mines running at 137k miles on what i believe is probably the original dex, given i have added some water, do i need to change it... yes, but is it hurting anything that is apparent as of now, no, but is it, probably

Comment

I have never had any problems with dexcool. I've changed it at 50k with no problems. Even ran it in my buddy's stang with no problems.
                  1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X