Indianapolis???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indianapolis???

Anybody out there from this area? I have a summer internship here in indy, so I just came to Indiana for the first time a week ago, now I'm living here basically all summer.

If anybody is from around here, I'm living on the west side in Avon, and I'd love to know what people do around here for fun, where the good bars are and all that good stuff. I'm also looking for a place a to buy nitrous, so that would be some helpful info as well...
    Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
    New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Re: Indianapolis???

my dad lives in carmel, i live up kinda near lafayette, if you wanna meet up sometime this summer i'm sure it could be arranged...

Comment

Mogobs30th
      Couple other guys as well, but he'll be able to hook you up!

Comment

AVON!?!?!? Pretty nice out there, least you are outside the I-465 loop. I live a quarter mile southwest of Indianapolis Motor Speedway. If you are looking for a good place to go as for drinking, I suggest Broad Ripple. And, if you are looking for nitrous, there is a shop called Full Throttle Performance, I believe it is east of the airport, but I can't be absolutely sure. I have been told they moved to a new location.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

So how's this for some irony. At home I have to drive about an hour just to get to an 1/8th mile track. I come to Indy and I leave my Nitto's at home, because I told myself I wouldn't race out here, since I would be completely screwed if something broke and I didn't have the tools/accomodations to fix it.

To get to the point, I go on my daily run Sunday, and I end up running to a dragstrip (Indianapolis Raceway Park or something like that). So now I have to live with a strip about 5 minutes away and I can't go race. This blows.
          Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
          New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

does irp have a strip, its been forever since i've been down there

Comment

wait a minute, i was thinking of ims, i was like wtf, get yo tires shipped!

Comment

Originally posted by xcdarrel17
                So how's this for some irony. At home I have to drive about an hour just to get to an 1/8th mile track. I come to Indy and I leave my Nitto's at home, because I told myself I wouldn't race out here, since I would be completely screwed if something broke and I didn't have the tools/accomodations to fix it.

To get to the point, I go on my daily run Sunday, and I end up running to a dragstrip (Indianapolis Raceway Park or something like that). So now I have to live with a strip about 5 minutes away and I can't go race. This blows.
                Yeah, IRP is one of the largest and most well known strips in the country, mostly from the NHRA US Nationals. From where you live, I can't see it being more than a 10 minutes trip, wherever in Avon you are. Takes me about the same amount of time to get there. Best drag strip when it comes to venue, but the actual racing surface isn't too kind to Nitto's, BF Goodrich, or any other drag radial for that matter. Because of the amount of bracket racing, Jr. Dragster, and NHRA they have going on there, drag radials don't mesh well with the rubber already laid down, which is from race slicks like MT's and Goodyears.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

welcome to Indiana :)

Comment

Originally posted by car-show-crazy-firebird
                    welcome to Indiana :)
                    who would want to live in southern indiana :bs: :) northern indiana all the way!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X