road trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road trip!

in about two and a half weeks i'm moving from san antonio to bowling green, ky (vette city, usa) I'm driving the maro the entire way. I love driving my car but i don't know how comfortable its gonna be after 16 hours of driving. i don't think i've ever even driven my car outside the city limits before. wait no--- i got lost once. :rock: what kind of mpg's should i look for? i'm thinking 25-28ish. it doesn't really matter coz the parents are buying gas, lol :)

well, just thought it was a good excuse to post.
    98 camaro v6, ssm, mostly stock<br /><br />if i had bumper stickers they would say this:<br /><br />yes, as a matter of fact, i DO own the road!<br /><br />my physics teacher would be happy with my driving: constant acceleration

Re: road trip!

Awesome man.....hey, i drive my camaro everyday on highway and i love it...i wouldn't drive any thing else.....my friend have a civic si. When driving on the highway it revs so high and seats are so uncomfortable ... i usually end up parking his car in my house and take my camaro.......well camaro's are rated 27 mpg on the highway but few members here got even 30 - 33 mpg......so you'll atleast get 25ish mpg......anyway good luck on the trip and keep your eyes on the rear view mirror cuz all my speeding tickets were in the highway..... ;)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

i would expect you to be in pain from the ride. as for your gas mileage, I get mid 30s but other people get a lot worse.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

A 16 hour ride in anything, and you'll be in pain.

I have driven the FB on 7 hr drives. Once you settle in, it is quite comfortable for long hauls.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

i drove my camaro to and from g to ms every month to see my kids and that is 8 hours, wasnt bad at all just hated the fact of no a/c. when i moved from northern ny to ga i stopped in fl to visit then went to ga. the trip to fl was 30 hours and i had the camaro loaded as in it was me my dad a 100 lbs dog a cat and the trunk was full along with filling up every spot you could imagine with stuff. oh i forgot i had a bike rack on the back. we drove it 30 hrs straight non stop, only stopping to fill up, eat, walk the dog and cat and switch between me and my dad driving. no pain involved but the gas mileags kinda sucked. was around like high 20's and if it was just me driving it long distance i got 34 mpg.

Comment

I've done ten hours in my Camaro before and about nine riding in a friends, but on anything much longer than that spending the night somewhere would make it a lot more comfortable.

I did ride in the back seat of our Grand Am for 30 hours once, but I was like 12. That wasn't fun.
            <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

i do the same trip about twice a year with my family in our tahoe, so being in a car for that long is not really a problem, ive just never driven that long before. cruise control will finally come in handy. :) we'll probably stop and spend the night somewhere in arkansas. either texarkana or little rock, so that will at least divide it up in two. my dad will be driving our other car with me, so i wont be able to do much speeding. :mad: we'll see how it goes.

also, the very first thing i'm doing when i get there (besides like answering mother nature's call) will be to take that stupid front license plate off. i'm not even gonna unpack first. ok maybe not. but it'll be up there on the list. ;)
              98 camaro v6, ssm, mostly stock<br /><br />if i had bumper stickers they would say this:<br /><br />yes, as a matter of fact, i DO own the road!<br /><br />my physics teacher would be happy with my driving: constant acceleration

Comment

i hope you have curuse control lol

swing by this way :naughty:
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I've been through Bowling Green several times on my way to Nashville. I only live like 2 hours away. I always wanted to stop at the Vette plant and museum. From the interstate its such a good looking site, Corvettes parked everywhere around the building. Have a good time, esp. if your parents are paying for your gas bill!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X