Idiot backed into my rear bumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot backed into my rear bumber

When I went to lunch today at work I had a nice surprise. Some idiot backed into my rear bumper in my apartment complex parking lot sometime this morning before I left for work.

To top it off the dip s!#t wiped the bumper all over where they hit with there hands and scratched up the black paint on the entire pasenger side of the bumper. There are some deep scratches and the paint is all scuffed up.
    Alot of the scuff marks might rub out with a buffing wheel.
    The sickening part is I just got done repairng and painting my front bumper and ground effects and now I have to add something else to my list. I just hope the paint does not start to spider crack or I will get really mad.

I guess tonight I will walk around the entire complex to find a car with a macthing scuffed bumber.
    Would it be better to just try and rub it out or should I try wet sanding it first?
    Okay, I just had to vent, I hate careless people
    Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Re: Idiot backed into my rear bumber

Oh man I am so sorry to hear that.

I guess the curse hasn't left us. I was hoping this new site would eliminate it.

I had something like that happened to me. I found the guy too but he wouldn't admit to it. I called the police and they only told me I have no witness. I talked to the insurance and they gave me the same thing.

Hope everything works out for you.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Thats sucks man. Same basic thing happened to me a week ago. I have no clue who did it or when it happened because I didn't notice it till I washed the car that weekend. Mine is scuffed so I'm hoping it will buff out. Yours sounds like it may be worse, but good luck getting it taken care of and hopefully finding the person.

Comment

I hate careless ppl too! 3 years ago someone in a truck backed into my firebird's headlight! Left a huge dent scuffed it up badly. 2 weeks after that i was in a wreck and it finished off my headlight along with my fender. Everything is fixed now and I'm going to keep it that way!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002 v6 camaro uncharged
          I guess tonight I will walk around the entire complex to find a car with a macthing scuffed bumber.

Find that @$^%@

Comment

Hey at least it wasn't in the Wal-mart parking lot or something. At least now you may know exactly where he lives or at least parks. The Police probably won't do anything, but maybe you could take matters into your own hands. You owe it to your car.
            1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Thanks for the support guys, it sucks for us people who actually care about our cars to have to live in a world with people that could care less about other peoples property.

I don't think it should be to hard to find the car that hit me, its not like it was a little scrape. It should be very noticable on there car as well.

I know accidents happen, but when people do stupid things like park to close to you or for no reason run there hand along the hatch back of a dirty black camaro and putting some nice long deep scratches across it. (yea that happened to me also and I was steaming about that one to)
              Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

Thanks for the support guys, it sucks for us people who actually care about our cars to have to live in a world with people that could care less about other peoples property.
                Its not just for people who care about cars, its for people who care about anything that have to worry about people that care about nothing.

I don't think it should be to hard to find the car that hit me, its not like it was a little scrape. It should be very noticable on there car as well.
                I hope you find the guy. If the police say they can't/won't do anything about it, bricks + windows or keys + a slow stroll by his car could make it even.

I know accidents happen, but when people do stupid things like park to close to you or for no reason run there hand along the hatch back of a dirty black camaro and putting some nice long deep scratches across it. (yea that happened to me also and I was steaming about that one to)
                How did they leave a big scratch by just running their hand across it? Unless they were dragging a fat rock or something...
                Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                  Its not just for people who care about cars, its for people who care about anything that have to worry about people that care about nothing.

I hope you find the guy. If the police say they can't/won't do anything about it, bricks + windows or keys + a slow stroll by his car could make it even.

How did they leave a big scratch by just running their hand across it? Unless they were dragging a fat rock or something...
                  Its easy and very noticable with black, all there has to be is a little pebble or anything hard that has some how got on the surface of the paint although it could have been from a ring on there finger.
                  Who knows, why can't people just keep there hands to themselves.

It might be a little harder than I thought to find the culprit, there was a lot of cars with banged up bumbers. It just goes to show how many people are careless.
                  Last edited by 2002 v6 camaro uncharged; 04-07-2006, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X