1989 Ford F150 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Ford F150 question

Hey, I can get a cheap truck from a family friend, its an '89 F150. It's got a 300 inline 6 cylinder engine, 2x4 and auto transmission. Any clue what kind of horsepower and torque they have? Know any websites I can check? I'd like to buy a truck since I'm getting a new house here soon- it'd be nice to actually be able to haul stuff! haha. Plus having a truck has its perks!
    1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

http://www.transporteon.com/Superlat...Ford_F-150.php

looks like 150hp

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

a friend of mine has a f150 sport that sounds like is very similar to what you are looking at, that thing is industructable. the only problem that he has with it is he needs a new starter, he has had that thing forever though.

Comment

www.fordsix.com

:cool:
        <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/red69falcon/\" target=\"_blank\">1969 Falcon</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/81706526iUXWli\" target=\"_blank\">1972 Harley & Misc. Project Pics</a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.geoci

Comment

I've got a '99 F-150 Sport (I'm still trying to figure out why it's a "Sport"? The 5-speed?) with a 4.2 six that puts out 200 and 220 lb-ft, so I wouldn't expect anything within 20-30 of that... I guess these guys probably gave you what you needed, though...
          1998 Firebird<br />V6 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239301/1</a>

Comment

this is off topic i'm just curious... what would a 02 1500 silverado 5.3 make? sorry for the threadjack
            1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by bret_xi:
              this is off topic i'm just curious... what would a 02 1500 silverado 5.3 make? sorry for the threadjack
              285 HP not sure on the torque I take it you have one?
              2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Originally posted by kirk98:
                Hey, I can get a cheap truck from a family friend, its an '89 F150. It's got a 300 inline 6 cylinder engine, 2x4 and auto transmission. Any clue what kind of horsepower and torque they have? Know any websites I can check? I'd like to buy a truck since I'm getting a new house here soon- it'd be nice to actually be able to haul stuff! haha. Plus having a truck has its perks!
                Where I work this is our shop truck and the thing is extremely gutless and tends to have alot of problems. Ours is a 93 with 133,000 miles on it 5 speed and the straight six
                2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

My friend has one similar but a manual and 4x4. We can throw 3 dirt bikes in the bed 2 on a trailor and still go up steep dirt hills. If you're getting a deal I'd go for it. If you get it you have to take off the ford emblems and get a stencil and spray a big chevy logo on the back.
                  There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

nikon - thank you very much.

bret_xi - YOU FREAKING PRICK! Get your own thread! :mad: Nah man- just kidding haha. No worries.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Blue Flame V6 - The guy let me drive his truck yesterday, it had some pretty good torque to it! My fiancee was in the truck and I scared her by chirping the tires :D I hit the gas pretty hard and the truck jumped....i like it! I wouldn't call it gutless pesonally, thats just my opinion though. Guess I'll have to take it for another spin.

I won't be hauling a trailor with it or anything, maybe a small john-boat now and then. Plus it'll be used for hunting and all. It's actually going to get a lot of use. It'll be a daily driver for a while.

CoreyCamaro - I'm a GM guy through and through, but I'll leave the Ford emblems on- at least its a domestic truck!

Anyone know where I can find out how many pounds of torque this truck has? I searched online for a little while last nite and never ended up finding it.
                    1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

Comment

Straight six had ~300ft/lbs torque @ like 2000rpms. ;)
                      Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

give autos.msn.com a shot, you'd be suprised at how much info they have

Comment

blue flame v6...yea its my dads truck we work with... and i was thinkin about gettin one like it whenever i get rid of my firebird... isnt there a 5.9 or somethin too?
                          1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

351, 5.8 liter ;)
                            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

351....isnt that a ford engine?
                              or are u talkin to kirk? lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X