This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jury duty - UPDATED!

ive never had it before, im only 19. its for march 16th, a day i was planning to be in arizona lol (i live in NC). is there any way out of it?? whats it like anyway?

[ February 04, 2006, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: dmw319 ]
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Just tell them you can't make it that day because of your klans meeting.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

http://www.pagerealm.com/jury/jury-d...t-service.html
      millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

Why avoid jury duty? I don't understand this at all.

Jury duty is something every able American can and should do. If nobody does it, the process fails. As a member of this country, be proud to take part in the workings of the judicial system.

There is a good chance you will not be selected anyway. Of the 100 or so they call for the week, only 12 (plus some alternates) get selected.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

If you really need to get out of jury duty just send them some copies of your plane tickets/hotel reservations and ask them to be rescheduled.

Tell them you have had this vacation planned for months and cannot get a full refund.

Most courts are pretty flexible when you have proof that you actually had something planned before they summoned you.

If not get ready for the waiting game
          2001 Pewter A4 Firebird <br />SLP CAI, B&M shift kit, B&B triflo exhaust<br />1/4: 15.139 @ 89.28 w/2.179 60\'<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960</a>

Comment

just call and tell them youre dead.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

i love jury duty. you get out of work for the day. my work still pays me. then you get to sit and relax all day and just read. they give you breakfast. and you can do whatever at lunch. i never get picked to come back cause i have to watch my brother in the afternoons(he's handi) so all it all it's a good day. at least that is how it is in philly

Comment

i love jury duty. you get out of work for the day. my work still pays me. then you get to sit and relax all day and just read. they give you breakfast. and you can do whatever at lunch. i never get picked to come back cause i have to watch my brother in the afternoons(he's handi) so all it all it's a good day. at least that is how it is in philly
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by pumm3l:
                  Originally posted by kristen:
                  ok WTF i'm confused.... this is like the 3rd time i have seen this today? would someone please explain WTH is going on?
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber:
                    just call and tell them youre dead.
                    That ought to work :D
                    -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

I've never heard of getting free food from going to jury duty, the best thing anyone can hope for in Detriot is not getting their purse or wallet stolen
                      2001 Pewter A4 Firebird <br />SLP CAI, B&M shift kit, B&B triflo exhaust<br />1/4: 15.139 @ 89.28 w/2.179 60\'<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/615960</a>

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird:
                        Why avoid jury duty? I don't understand this at all.

Jury duty is something every able American can and should do. If nobody does it, the process fails. As a member of this country, be proud to take part in the workings of the judicial system.

There is a good chance you will not be selected anyway. Of the 100 or so they call for the week, only 12 (plus some alternates) get selected.
                        :rolleyes: he explained it, he had prior plans that coincide with the date
                        millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

Yup tellem that you used to mow the guys lawn or somethin.. haha
                          you cannot know the person on trial in any way possible.
                          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by pumm3l:
                            Originally posted by kristen:
                            ok WTF i'm confused.... this is like the 3rd time i have seen this today? would someone please explain WTH is going on?
                            </font>[/QUOTE]hehhe
                            we live together so one of us will forget to log off and then the other one doesn't notice that we are using their name.
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Last August I was selected for jury duty but it was on the day of my birthday. I read the enclosed brochure how it was my civic duty to be a part of the process blah blah blah but what it didnt tell me was how they were going to pay for my commute to the courthouse ( 1.5 hr trip during morning rush hour & gas was at an all time high back then ) and other compensation I felt I was owed. Seemed to me this was no free lunch here so I rescheduled the date on the day around a national holiday such as the Friday after Thanksgiving. 3 months later on that date, I followed up by a call to find out if I was supposed to go and naturally the courts close on that Friday and I was off the hook. It's that easy.

Another tactic you can use is to jot down the fact that you can't speak or understand English. Only works of your last name isn't Jones or Smith but goofy if you're a naturalized American from another far away country. ;)

Recall the OJ Simpson trial? A certain juror made a ton of money by writing a book on based on his/her own experiences whether he was guilty or not. If your jury duty date doesnt have a celebrity in the courthouse then it may not be worth it to you to arrive through the metal detectors and sit and wait. :D
                              Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X