GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

so i'm changing out my front shocks today..... got them out of the car today and put the first one in the spring compressor.....

ok the top bolt holding the shock in will not go past the last few treads so I cut the strut pieace.......

cool that worked and no to get the rest of it out easy tap tap right? hell no had to work the thing for like 45 minutes grrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

so on to the ohter side........ same thing...... blah blah... only thins time i coun't get the bolt to move at all !!!!! ahhh so i cut it again like the first one.... only this time the it was seized so bad i coun't get it out of the brace!!!! and then while trying the rubber just let loose :mad:

so i have to get a new one they can't get one till monday and the hobby shop is closed on mondays !!!! [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] :mad:

I [img]graemlins/love.gif[/img] my car

oh yeah the little POS peice of rubber/steal is 80 bucks !!!!!!!!!! :mad:
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

huh???????????????????????????????????

please repost w/pics
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

i dont have any pics [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

the strut towers that hold your front coilover in the car and together.....

basically you undo the 4 bolts and then take of the wheel the unbolt the bottome of the shocks the un do the upper ball joint and the coilover almost falls out of the car......

then there the part that hold everthing together the top nut of the shock..... yeah the $80 pos that gm made broke... ill tray and get some pics on tuesday and do a right up on it
      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

I know exactly what you are talking about! I had the exact same problem with mine, did the rear and passenger side in about 2 hours, then the drivers side took another 2 hours. Had to drill out the stud that comes up off the top of the shock, and let me telly ou what, that is definetly hardened metal or something. I feel for you, but just remember that next time it shouldnt be that hard.
        1987 Buick Grand National drivetrain in my 1993 Pontiac Firebird. PT53 turbo, 212/212 comp cam, 3400 lockup converter, stock heads, Precision bar & plate FMIC with 3\" piping, 1994 z28 rearend, hotwired walbro 255 fuel pump, Nitto drag radials

Comment

:( sorry

I had a local shop do my fronts... I did the rest
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by gergwheel:
            I know exactly what you are talking about! I had the exact same problem with mine, did the rear and passenger side in about 2 hours, then the drivers side took another 2 hours. Had to drill out the stud that comes up off the top of the shock, and let me telly ou what, that is definetly hardened metal or something. I feel for you, but just remember that next time it shouldnt be that hard.
            yeah i'm buying a new one for that side...... to expensive to do both sides !!! there like $80 !!!
            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

oh trust me i know, we put so much heat to the drivers side upper mount, once we got it off and then all back together, the next day the rubber cracked and i had to go to a dealer to find another one. I HATE SUSPENSION WORK!!
              1987 Buick Grand National drivetrain in my 1993 Pontiac Firebird. PT53 turbo, 212/212 comp cam, 3400 lockup converter, stock heads, Precision bar & plate FMIC with 3\" piping, 1994 z28 rearend, hotwired walbro 255 fuel pump, Nitto drag radials

Comment

grrrr finally got done

the brake boost bol messed up on me !!!!!!! had t oretap that!!!!!11

haad to get new endlink it stripped out on me !!!!!

then one o f th bolt in the new mount stripped out too !!!!! so i only have 3 holding in my shock LOL oh well its not going any where
                www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X