Who here plays golf??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play some myself...
    I can drive 300+, I can hit every green in regulation.

I can't putt to save my life :(
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

A couple weeks ago me and my friends went golfing... we all suck but we do it jsut because its fun. We dotn even know what the numbers on the clubs mean lol. and i SUCK REALLY bad at putting.
      White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

Comment

I love playing Golf... don't have much time to play it any more. Suppose I need to make time for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler:
          oh i know.. ripping the ball is the least of my worries right now.. the thing is, right now im workign on my swing and form for a strait shot. so my swing is half speed if not less than that. reason why i say big bertha or any other large displacement driver is because i can swing softer alloweing me to perfect my swing while not sacrificing in the distance as much.
          That Big Bertha isn't going to make up for lost distance. Those clubs are $300+, for just that one driver, and you may hit it 10 or 20 yards longer than with the club you have now and still keep it straight. If you really want to practice, go to a range. Try finding a range around somewhere that has grass, so you can practice your drives as well as your irons. Lots of places have those squared off pieces of astro-turf crap. I hate swinging on those.

But when it comes to a brand of driver, don't go Big Bertha, those things are rediculous in price. Just find a big 420 cc or 460 cc driver, any brand will do.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by navyblue2000:
            I play some myself...
            I can drive 300+, I can hit every green in regulation.

I can't putt to save my life :(
            you drive ill putt
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

does putt putt count?
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i had to borrow a set of crapped out DCI 962s from a clubhouse once when the porter misplaced my bag during regionals in high school... turned in my best round ever.

equipment doesn't matter. practice does.

Comment

i know its not about the equipment.. i just need a new set of clubs. i mean... these clubs are ancient.. the PW actually has a wooden shaft. just to give u an idea of how old these are.

anyways i went out and played 18 holes today. I had a blast. for some reason i cant find what im doign wrong in my drives. i slice the hell out of it. meanwhile when im hitt'n an iron, say 4 iron its a perfect shot. perfectly strait. perfect distance. im starting to think its a psycological thing.
                  96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

if you have any kind of second hand golf equipment store, you can set yourself up with a decent (at least newer) full kit of clubs for less than $50... or even $20 if you aren't picky.

Comment

You can also get a set of brand name knockoffs. I have a guy in Delaware that custom fits all my stuff for me at about 1/4 the price of the name brand stuff. Except for the writing on the clubs, it's pretty hard to tell the difference. Every club in my bag is a Calloway knockoff except for my Oddysey putter.

I'm not too shabby....I usually shoot within a stroke or 2 of par on my home course with an all-time best of 68.
                      2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

yeah i have played for at least 8 years..and im still not good..but i enjoy it anyway.
                        1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera(The White Devil)3.3L V6 (gone)<br />New Car:2002 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 (The White Bull)

Comment

I just recently bought a set of 845 EVO irons and three nike woods. i used to play back in highschool but i got into the whole partying thing so i sold my clubs for spring break money [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Now i got back into the game and ive been practicing everyday for the past three months. Got my strokes down a bit and im shooting low to mid 80's. Not bad i guess, but not what i want.
                          1998 Red Firebird A4 3.8L (3.08)<br />Dynomax bullet then dumped, Carsound cat, NGKTR55 plugs, Taylor Pro 8mm, Hypertech 160*, Whisper Lid, k&n,!FRA, Lifted Airbox<br />(2) Audiobahn 10\" subs<br /> Sony Xplod MP3 Head unit/interchangeable Color Display

Comment

I just started a few months ago. Its fun trying to hit that ball far, far away. ;)
                            <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X