X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxton blown LT1 vs me last night

:rolleyes: <---- me

No I didn't race.

I was out in the bird cruising around testing the new drag shocks. I heard some people yelling out my name at a local hang out so I drove on over.

I roll up to see a black LT1 with orange trim who has revved at me before.

I get out and notice on the cowl hood of the LT1 it says "supercharged."

That makes me raise an eyebrow. I can't find any good races by me.

Well, in talking I found out it is a 8 lb paxton kit non intercooled with an ignition system and 2:76 gears, flowmaster and cut out.

The kid, yes, kid... was late teens early 20's asks about my car, I say V6... and he keeps quite.

I was a bit surprised. Normally I get the... "why waste money on a v6...it will always be slow... etc"

So, I ask him what he runs. The saddest thing came out of his mouth..... "the best I can get was 13.6?!!?!?!?!?

[img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

I look at him and mention what I run. He says "I know.... I've heard."

He started giving the excuses of "I can't drive....It needs exhaust... blah blah blah."

Funny thing is... his BEST is 13.6!!!! which means he has gone slower.... krept into the 14's.

I just sat back and realized.... this is what mkes having my v6 worth it.

Shortly after a guy showed up in a new lightning.
    Mods:
    pulley
    tranny
    intake
    full exhaust
    couple other things I'm unaware of.

He HAD typical V8 blown syndrome of being god's gift to the road.

I inquisitively looked at his truck and mentioned I had a v6. He went into the speel about how it is slow and would never be fast.

I asked what he runs, he says 12.9/ 13.0

:rolleyes: <--- me again and then I mention my times. He then attempts to tell me nitrous is a waste... blah blah blah.... makes excuses... blah blah blah.

Again, another person makes owning my v6 WELL WORTH IT!!!!

[img]graemlins/love.gif[/img] for my v6
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

should have not mentioned times to the guy in the lightning and let him witness it first hand [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    RedlineVSix

Comment

I agree... that is fun [img]smile.gif[/img] I like it better when the import guys attack you for some reason around here they think the v6 f-body is the slowest thing on earth, when I am right in line with them, if not faster.

They shut up real quick when they find out I am 1-2 seconds faster then them.

Comment

he would have just spun lol

james, do drag shocks mean you have a slight chance of actually hooking now?

Comment

Seems like it.

I've been doing some WOT launches flashing the verter w/ drag radials on and dead hooking N/A on the street.

BUT, there is a BIG difference between N/A and nitrous with my car [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

God I can't wait to get my 3.8L in. Wet shot here I come.
            2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

My buddies LT1 ran a 13.6 with a shift kit, 3.73s, and flowmasters. That LT1 should be a 12 second ride.
              \'98 z28<br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all</a>

Comment

Hell, some STOCK LT1's can go high 13's in stock form!

My god, sometimes I wonder what I could do with a V8!

Comment

Sounds like the kid in the lt1 blew all his money on a supercharger and got no other mods to back it up. Ive noticed that almost everyone who drives a lightning is a *******, its like the national ******* ride. Ive tried to talk to a few of them but gave up due to their "im better than you" and "im too cool for you" attitudes.
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

My god, sometimes I wonder what I could do with a V8!
                    you should trade in your neon on a ls2 vette, mod it as much as you modded the bird.... [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                    RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />My god, sometimes I wonder what I could do with a V8!
                      you should trade in your neon on a ls2 vette, mod it as much as you modded the bird.... [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]LOL! that almost frightens me, low 9's to high 8s i betcha
                      2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

At least the guy with the LT1 had a pretty level head.

Thumbs up on being adult enough to not [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] the guy with the Lightning. Dont get me wrong I like those trucks but you said it best with the "a typical V8 attitude", I'm better than you no matter if you are faster than me just cause I have a V8 :rolleyes: .

And as for the Nitrous being a waste??? I get that alot too :( . "Thats cheating!" is the one I get the most. Anymore I just tell them " Look dont blame me if you're power adder just isnt enough to get the job done."
                        [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                        97 T-top firebird Gone but not forgotten!<br />In process of Modding a 02 Grand Am<br /> \"Dont hunt what you cant kill!\" :&gt;

Comment

12secondV6...I would hope that you do not become a moderator for the drag racing section on this board. You b*tch about V8 owners making fun of V6 cars because they are slow...All I ever see in your posts is you bashing V8 owners..being "mr. cocky". And with the license plate 'V8killr' or something like that. I think you make this board look bad. You are not a good role model for the V6 community.

This does not necessarily have to do with this one post. I have noticed this from months of seeing your posts. You have "My V6 destroys all on the road, V8's are slow!" syndrome and it appears YOU think you are gods gift to the road. It seems the faster V6 someone has...the more immature they act. :rolleyes:

You've accomplished good times on your bird, and I'm not 'insulting' it one bit. But you seem to have an over-inflated ego..which you don't have 'much' room for, due to nitrous. Grow the **** up and stop having the attitude that 'all' V8 owners think they are the fastest,,and everyone is created so that you can show them your V6 is faster.
                          94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

In the few years that I've been hanging around CV6/FBV6, I've never seen James (12secondv6) as having an over-inflated ego. Heck, he ends up on the receiving end of a lot of good-natured jokes and put-downs.

James is, in a way, a point man in letting V8 drivers know that the V6 F body has a lot of potential. To you, he may appear as being too cocky. I just see him as paying back, in a very small way, a little of the heaps of "trash talk" that V8 F body drivers spout.
                            I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                            CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                            FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Somebody needs to look up the definition of "cocky" coughcoughsamaroslpcoughcough
                              Wait, I will do it for you:
                              c0ck·y Audio pronunciation of "cocky" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kk)
                              adj. c0ck·i·er, c0ck·i·est

Overly self-assertive or self-confident.

Just incase you don't know what those big words mean either:
                              self-as·ser·tion (slf-sûrshn)
                              n.

Determined advancement of one's own personality, wishes, or views.

self-con·fi·dence (slfknf-dns)
                              n.

Confidence in oneself or one's own abilities

James doesn't seem "cocky" to me... the whole point of the post was that people always put down the V6, but his is faster than a SUPERCHARGED LT1, AND A SUPERCHARGED 5.4L V8 ... that isn't cockiness, just retribution.
                              <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X