This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang=Dawg???

Ive heard all of the stories, v6 maros eat up v6 stangs, and can hang with pre 98 gt stangs....yea yea yea....and that new zs can eat up new gts.....

so yesterday I went with my friend to test drive a 98 stang she was looking to get, I figured what a great chance to see if it could hang with my car.....we went out together for a lil while, then i went and got my 2k v6 maro and we went driving side by side on roads.

then i told her to show me what it had from about 0-75, from a stop light i expected it to hang right with my car, and that hopefully in the end I would come out on top

boy was I wrong.....that thing was a complete dawg...in the end at about 55-60 i had her by probably 5 car lengths EASY when i started letting off it, granted i got a cat back, hf cat and CAI, but no way did i think it would be that bad

so i went online to see what the heck was going on, come to find out those things only have 150 hp, and 215 tq....no wonder it was silly slow....the thing couldnt even squeal off the line

so i began to wonder, maybe maros are really faster then the stangs...i went searching around and did some calcs to find some power-weight ratios...and come to find out in the newer v6 stangs, they have a higher power-weight ratios then the new v6 maros, and the pre 98 gts have way higher ratios, and the new gts have higher power-weight ratios then new z28s

granted most sites report that z28s are indeed faster then gts, i still wonder why that is....but then most sites ive seen report v6 stangs as being faster then v6 maros.....what is the deal??????

anyone???
    2000 v6 A4 Camaro Y87<br />Magnaflow HighFlow Cat., Flowmaster American Thunder Cat. Back system, K&N Aircharger CAI, Fuzzy Dice :)

dawg = black guy w/ bad speaking skills

dog = slow car

and you might want to put what year and engine your car has in your sig so people know what your talking about
    RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by emjlr3:

2k v6
      ah yes and your posted was very helpful, thanx for the useless babble
      2000 v6 A4 Camaro Y87<br />Magnaflow HighFlow Cat., Flowmaster American Thunder Cat. Back system, K&N Aircharger CAI, Fuzzy Dice :)

Comment

Power to weight ratio isn't the only determining factor in racing, especially on the street. You have to take into account the drivers, the condition each car is in, the amount of traction off of the line, the weather, the reaction times, auto vs. m5, stock vs. modded...There's a lot more to it than just the power to weight.
        98 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 M5<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/camarolover98</a>

Comment

Originally posted by emjlr3:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by emjlr3:

2k v6
          ah yes and your posted was very helpful, thanx for the useless babble </font>[/QUOTE]either you didnt have that in your sig when you originally posted, or it didnt show on my computer for some reason, and that wasnt useless babble, i was trying to help you out, you noob
          RedlineVSix

Comment

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:

2k v6
            ah yes and your posted was very helpful, thanx for the useless babble </font>[/QUOTE]either you didnt have that in your sig when you originally posted, or it didnt show on my computer for some reason, and that wasnt useless babble, i was trying to help you out, you noob </font>[/QUOTE]o good god grow up

Comment

the auto stangs have ****ty transmissions. first problem.

manual ones aren't nearly as bad.

second problem is their hp/tq numbers. In almost every case, they are just slower.

(I had a mustang. Nice car, not an fbody)
              2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

Auto stangs are just horrible. Manuals are way better. Ive beaten plenty of 6cyl stangs in the bird but i did get killed by a hot blonde in a newer 6cyl stang....damn 3.4's

It all depends on the driver and how well he knows his car. Most auto people just mash the gas and go
                1994 firebird red t-tops 115K miles. needs paint job badly<br /><br />1993 camaro - gone<br /><br />1995 camaro - rdy to be drivin :)<br /><br />1987 camaro - slow *** v8 - blew it up ha

Comment

Originally posted by redline360:

Most auto people just mash the gas and go
                  hehe, other then powerbreaking at the beginning, is there really anything else you need to do?

Comment

After building a little rev(1500-2000) just let off the brake and keep the throttle down.
                    2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

o good god grow up
                      RedlineVSix

Comment

Check out the Mach1. Ford finally got it right there. And I think they have a better compression ratio for supercharging.
                        \'98 z28<br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all</a>

Comment

not to be rude, but... kill stories? [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

hey!!!!! hawgs!!! by the way
                          s.t.f.u. !!!!!!! mr. ubb thug
                          (is that urban. busted. beeyotch. thug?)
                          (ugly bad boy)
                          (underware borrowed not bought)
                          (uncle billys ballzack)
                          (ultra bad boy)
                          (undesirable broke beeyotch)
                          (unorthodox ball buster)
                          thats it my creative streak is Undisputidly Bitterly Broken, and i have no time left

[ August 20, 2004, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: john rocco ]
                          92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

Originally posted by john rocco:
                            not to be rude, but... kill stories? [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
                            Coming from the guy that just posted about a local event in the Lounge..

Comment

the suspinsion on mustangs is horrible. in the book "How to install and use Nitrous Oxide" by Joe Pettitt, they race a Z28 and a fox-body 5.0 with juice of equel levels. the camaro won because of it's better suspinsion
                              2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X