The F-Body Performance Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominic:
    Well I still love my car but Im about to go $150,000 in debt due to optometry school - that's my reason for not. I still am passionate though and will work on it, once I have a daily driver to use when Im working on the camaro.
    make contacts that act as sun glasses
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i am 19 and been working since i was 15 i have spent over 5k on my car that isnt even worth 5k. I am about done with the car and am start college tommorrow and have around 50k for college i will only use 20. The rest will go to a house.
      New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac nino:
        What took so long to come to realization of this? [img]smile.gif[/img]
        getting hitched.

As for the 25 + 7yrs (in a few hrs) club, it's all about priorities. Which is more important to you, what can you live with, what caint you live w/o.
        The bastardification of Third & Fourth gen cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
          Eh... when I do get the house, though, I'll have to launch a Home Improvement forum as a subforum of the Lounge here. ;) "Plumbing Tech", "Home Electrical Tech", "Home Theater Tech", "Care and Maintenance"...
          [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

My house is 104 years old so I've had to mess around with all of that crap.

If I had time I could write a 150 page how-to book with what I've learned in the last 4 months.
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic:
            Well I still love my car but Im about to go $150,000 in debt due to optometry school - that's my reason for not. I still am passionate though and will work on it, once I have a daily driver to use when Im working on the camaro.
            Me too. Med school starts a week from Monday and in four years I will have accumulated some serious debt. However, it would be nice to keep it around for a long time to turn into a more serious racecar sometime down the line (ie. after residency... ten years.) Although I may trade for a TA/Formula or go with a turbo when I get into residency. Beauty of residency is that even though you don't get paid too well, you don't really have time to spend your money ;)
            Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I'm 20 and purchased my Camaro in hopes that I'd stop caring about putting money into mods for my cars.. My last two were both v8s that I put hundreds of hours of work and a few thousand dollars each into, and ended up regretting doing so just because as soon as I was finished I'd drive the car for a bit and then go "Gee, now what do I do?"

For me, it's the work that I put into the car that I get my happiness out of. There's nothing more satisfying for me than torquing down the oil pan on a 427 big block, rotating the engine stand back upright, taking a step back and saying. "She's finished."

...well, maybe the best part is starting it for the first time and hearing them roar.

Anyway, I digress..

I'm going back to tech school next year, moving into an apartment with my fiancee, and working every day with the idea of one day opening my own shop that I can just build and work on cars all day.

....And hopefully take a few thousand dollars from all of you who want good work done on your f-bodies.

My post probably doesn't have much to do with the question in hand, other than perhaps saying that at 20, I'd like to think I've already gotten over putting tons of money into a car that isn't worth much to begin with money-wise.. But I do still love my Camaro as much as my '72 Malibu, and '71 Chevy pickup.
              2001 Camaro, 3.8 v6. Five speed. Red. SLP Torque arm, SLP CAI, adj. panhard bar, lcas, eibach springs, 3.73 gears and Zexel-Torsen T-2 LSD.

Comment

Oh my goodness Stefan, it's almost as if we've drank from the same Coca-cola... You hit my biggest weakness right on the nailhead! My car has sapped every bit of my money and I'm still not satisfied! I'm actually hoping I get a duty station in another country that way I'm forced to sell it and move on with my life :( Although I'll probably just get another sports car to replace it, but NO mods... hopefully
                2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X