Anyone use there F-body as a workhorse? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use there F-body as a workhorse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use there F-body as a workhorse?

I love when people go blah blah blah that camaro is so impracticle...

-week ago, carried 4 sheets of 1/2 in. plywood.
    -carried, numerous scraps of wood I am talking like maybe 350 lbs worth
    -In the past, I have carried 8, full length folding tables, and be able to shut the hatch
    -have carried an enitire f-body rear with claipers, and be able to shut the hatch.
    -Been moving ALL my stuff, with my f-body(I admit cheating, gonna use a truck today) but I moved book cases, tools, wheels/tires, TONS of stuff. Actually easy to load and unload with the t-tops off.
    -Drove it to gainesville and back, got 27 mpg.
    -Go to an autocross, take my spare and tops out, uncap the cutout, and race as is...
    -Go to the dragstrip, uncap the cutout, pull the airfilter, run pretty consistant 14.7s, pull the drivebelt, and run consistant 14.5s (once it cools down I expect a new best)

I think it looks decent for the most part.

I have owned 1 f-body or another for the last 7 years of me driving, had one for 6 months before I could drive. And I have learned to adapt. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jsut thought I would share... just tired of co-workers telling me I need a truck, that gets like 12mpg, slow as balls, and cannot handle worth a damn.(any truck I can "practically" afford)
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

I've done it before also [img]smile.gif[/img]

Having no seats etc makes it soooo much easier!

Lots of crap has been hauled in the birdie.... ages ago... when the car was more civilized.
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I put a full set of wheels/tires + 2 drag slicks in mine last month ;) The shop I went to was dumbfounded that a girl have slicks and that I put everything in the car at once and drove off.

I have also been remodeling my house. I make at least 4 trips to Lowe's each week and I haul everything in my car.
      2002 Camaro Y87<br />1967 VW Beetle

Comment

I REALLY did have a hard time when I took my zr1s in to get the tires mounted, 4 17X9.5 whieels, and 4 275/40/17 tires.

that was a tight fit.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

When I go bmxin, I would fit two BMX bikes quite easily 144 pieces set of ratchets other tools and air compressor. Then me and another person. i even mange Three bikes before and hade some one lay in the back with them so we could take three people.
          1998 Navy Blue A4 Camaro (Sold)<br />MODS: Performance<br />Whisper airlid,K&N Filter, TSP Rumbler & Carsond cat.<br />Apperance:Xenon Airdam and clearcorners. <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98</a><br />2002 Dodge Ram Sport Silver 4.7 v8 stock.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkcamaro98:
            When I go bmxin, I would fit two BMX bikes quite easily 144 pieces set of ratchets other tools and air compressor. Then me and another person. i even mange Three bikes before and hade some one lay in the back with them so we could take three people.
            [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Comment

I take it you missed my post a few months ago where I said my Firebird is my SUV. It even goes off road, lol. The rear seat is rarely folded up because I am usually hauling crap back there. Plus since I don't have roof racks, it hauls my snowboard and my g/f's skis from mountain to mountain.
              <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Originally posted by JusFlyinBy:
                I take it you missed my post a few months ago where I said my Firebird is my SUV. It even goes off road, lol. The rear seat is rarely folded up because I am usually hauling crap back there. Plus since I don't have roof racks, it hauls my snowboard and my g/f's skis from mountain to mountain.
                Rear seat? mine only goes in for autocrosses so I can stay out of race classification. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I drive mine at least 50 miles a day during the work week...the trip home is in rush hour traffic in Tampa too.

120k and still going strong. Thank you greedy UAW workers...you deserve your 30 dollars an hour. :D
                  -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

I got my mountain bike in there once, took about 10 minutes to get it out. Now I just haul a toolbox (required).
                    Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

Well my best friend has a '98 Firebird. He has had his girlfriend, brother, his brother's friend, his brother and friend's skateboards, his guitar, and his huge 4x10"s cabinet for an amp in his car. Yeah. That took awhile to just write. Imagine putting everything in. lol.

Comment

I'm really glad my car is literally my weekend toy - it only leaves the property when the weather's nice enough for the tops to come out, and only for joyriding purposes.

Having 4 cars and a trailer makes that possible though :D
                        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Yeah I drive alot for work.
                          Most I've ever cramed in the firebird:
                          Me
                          Neptune (my dog 65lbs.)
                          40lbs bag of dog food
                          wooden thing that holds dogs food bowls
                          walmart size bag full of dog toys
                          Large suitcase
                          Golf clubs
                          Dog cage (folds flat but is still huge)
                          Briefcase
                          Laptop/briefcase looking thing it goes in
                          Printer
                          Mesh laundry bag (about as big as the suit case)
                          2 file boxes (12in long, 6in wide, and 10in tall)
                          Spare gas can (always in car anyways)
                          Emergency kit
                          Suit Bag (too keep all dress clothes from wrinkling)

And I do this every 2 weeks.

Comment

ive had a job as a paper deliverer. but not a news paper a classified paper that only goes to those little stands in the businesses? at about 20 lbs per bundle of 50 papers...ive had my rear floor, seats folded down and covered to the roof. my gas tank hump thingy and my t-top space full of paper buncles....CAR WAS SO SLOW!!!!
                            The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

F-bodies are more practical than they are credited. Convertibles are the most convient. Like yesterday I hualed a set of lawn mower tires, i had the top down so i just threw the tires in.
                              I went fishing a couple of weeks ago and took my camaro convertible. I took a big cooler(put it in the TRUNK!), a 9' fishing rod(in the backseat hanging over the side of the car), three other 6' fishing rods, and all of my tackle in the front passenger seat.
                              I've actually seen trailer hitches on f-bodies! just think of the possibilities.
                              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857214</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X