Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer problem, please help!

I can't download anything off the net for some weird reason. For example:

If I went to the Firefox website to try and download their program if i clicked on the link to install/download, it won't do anything, if I click it again it will show:
    Explore has caused in error in MWSHELP.DLL
    and then close the page. :mad:
    It does this w/ almost everything I try to download online.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Niño [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

START, All Programs, Accessories, System tools, *SYSTEM RESTORE*, "Restore my computer to an earlier time"
    <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Comment

whatever you do, keep it away from Drews' system or it will NEVER work right again.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

reinstall windows?
        Fighting Texas Aggie Class 2008<br />3.4 t-top bird<br />K&N cai - Mangaflo 3in catback - 2.5in catco cat - Slect Coils - tb coolant bypass<br /><br />\"no matter how far we\'ve come, i cant wait to see tommrow\" LP

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
          whatever you do, keep it away from Drews' system or it will NEVER work right again.
          Do you know by experience? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Flowbee V6:
          START, All Programs, Accessories, System tools, *SYSTEM RESTORE*, "Restore my computer to an earlier time"
          System restore was the first thing I tried, but I had it disabled till today. :(
          So I can't restore my computer to an earlier time [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] since their wasn't any checkpoints at all.
          Man I guess I am screwed. :(
          thanks for the help though

Comment

System files (MWSHELP.DLL) are very hard to fix. I'm almost sure you are gonna have to reinstall your windows.
            Good luck !!!
            2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

Possibly try repairing Internet Explorer through control panel&gt;add remove programs.

Comment

might be a virus? you can get AVG virus scanner for free.

Comment

try starting the PC with the XP cd in there and doing a repair. Dude up there is right, system files are hard to get back.

Comment

yeah man sorry but it looks like its reinstall time. Same thing happened to my win2k laptop. I spent two weeks d!cking with it until I gave up and upgraded to POS XP pro. Backup everything you need and first try a repair, if that does not work reinstall.
                    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

Thanks for the help guys im gonna try to run the xp cd then (if I can find it) if not i'll uprgrade to xp pro like bu-bye said.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X