Anyone else working like a dog this summer? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else working like a dog this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else working like a dog this summer?

I aleady had 3 of my regular days off cancelled this month, and looks like July I will have only 2 days off out of the whole month. Work is really busting our balls and it's hot at sh*t out there! So far, I had to work 1 bike race, 2 concerts, and coming up is 2 DUI checkpoints. Next month is the Live-8 Concert, Elton John concert, Welcome America celebration, Greek Picnic, more DUI checkpoints, and a detail to work the Roosevelt Blvd for the red-light-runners! All OT, but 10-12 hour days are starting to get to me, especially the details where I'm standing out in the heat all day wearing about 15 extra pounds of gear and a ballistics vest too.

Just venting before I have to go to work, today, which was one of my days off. :mad:

Oh well, there's always the lottery :rolleyes:
    sigpic

But the bank account is getting funded larger eh? lol
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

i work 60+ hours a week
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

was plannin to work more this summer but traded off for 40 hrs of school a week :(
        -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Originally posted by 96RS Alex:
          But the bank account is getting funded larger eh? lol
          I really don't have time to spend it. It's definately building up though. Maybe I'll be able to buy the 2002 SS Camaro that my neighbor owns. She's been wanting to sell it, but wants to sell it to someone who will take care of it and not beat it to death. I'm keeping my fingers crossed [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
          sigpic

Comment

I only work about 30 hours a week because I am attending classes 4 days a week. My friend had yesterday off after working 26 straight days. If I didn't have school I would want to work a lot. Need more money for the car [img]smile.gif[/img]
            2002 Firebird<br />Lid, Rumbler, GT2

Comment

Me = just done with college and not doing jack the whole summer [img]smile.gif[/img] except sleeping 10 hours a day and travelling [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I miss the paychecks though
              <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Comment

I work 6 days a week, 50+ hours.
                2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319:
                  i work 60+ hours a week
                  That it?

Last two weeks I clocked over 175 hours total. Normally clocking about 140+ hours every pay period (two weeks). Bad thing is that the money I make stays in my pocket for about three hours, then all gone to bills.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird
                  2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

hehe cut my work down to nothing, been selling crap just to keep up with bills.

hell I think I still owe my company money for health insurance. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Eh, no overtime for me.

Summer = relaxation time for me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear that you are all busy :(
                      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

working about 60 hrs a week, 10ish hrs a day on a roof, 4 hrs a week at the golf course. no work on weekends
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483076</a> <br />TSP rumbler, straight pipe, corvette servo. <br />Soon - 3.42+lsd,headers, cai,

Comment

im always working like a dog. summer has nothing to do with it :\
                          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I turn wrench for a living. I bet most of ya'll get to spend time in AC. Only air conditioning *I* get is the warm air off my oxyacetylene torch.
                            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

i hear you man
                              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X