Ok you geeks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok you geeks...

I'm just dying for some input with this one (yeah.. right [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

I'm looking into PVR's now. And it sucks that everything is so expensive or crummy from all the things I read so far. Comcast is my digital provider and they have a Moto PVR that still has issues and lacks LOTS of options.. plus, I'm not big on monthly fees for stuff I can buy once and enjoy. I've read about (and will go see this weekend at BestBuy) WMC (windows media center) :rolleyes: but I also have to be able to enjoy things like my iTunes and photo collection. I like the HP systems (if I had to pick one) but at 2k.... I can think of MUCH better things to spend that on (read: bike!).

So... I know we have geeks on both sides of the fence here... Mac and PC. Post up knowledge (working) or experiences (real world) with your PVR. Give details to your set up/config.

oh... and no whoring my thread [img]tongue.gif[/img]

/waits for the pc flaming to start [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Have you looked into building your own? I haven't, really, but I've heard rumors of people who have. And we're still expecting you on the 25th.
    www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

Dont have a PVR, I have an ATI All-in-wonder 9600

Its a tv tuner for ur computer and u can schedule it to record at various quality levels like a PVR. Can hold about 20 hours on my hard drive. Thats a cheap option but u'd have to leave ur computer on all the time
      <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Comment

Dan-

Read this.. http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1742236,00.asp

Yes... 25th still... I need address and time emailed to me.

Flowbee... my laptop and server are on all the time (unless I move the laptop) as it is now... running is not an issue... admiting defeat to WMC is my biggest issue... but if you read the above link too... I could do that....

Comment

I have a TV in card w/ my pc, my only complaint is to record in high quality, it scrapes all my cpu time. Also, if your using a reciever (cable or sat) you would have to setup a timer schedule on that reciever, and have your comp's timers fire at the same time.
          94\' Quasar Blue Camaro - Gone<br />---New ride---<br />98 Silvermist GTP

Comment

I know we have geeks here.... where... I don't know.. must be hiding witht he cockroaches right now [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I personally like Hauppauge products. I'd use one over any other brand for normal everyday use. I use one of their TV Tuners currently and I'm happy with the picture quality and recording ability - even though I bought it several yrs ago.
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X