no wonder the mustang only wins 1 car length - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no wonder the mustang only wins 1 car length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no wonder the mustang only wins 1 car length

my buddy has a 1995 mustang gt. which happens to be 4 or 5 different colors...look at these specs... his is manual and he only ever wins by a carlength

1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    Year 1996
    Make Chevrolet
    Model Camaro
    Engine Location Front
    Drive Type Rear Wheel

Engine [Optional Engines]
    Engine Configuration V
    Cylinder 6
    Aspiration/Induction Normal
    Displacement 3791.00 cc | 231.3 cu in. | 3.8 L.
    Valves 12 Valves
    2 valves per cylinder.
    Valvetrain OHV
    Power 200.00 BHP @ 5200.00 RPM
    Torque 225.00 Ft-lbs @ 4000.00 RPM
    Bore 3.80 in | 96.5 mm.
    Stroke 3.40 in | 86.4 mm.
    Compression Ratio 9.4:1
    HP to Weight Ratio 16.5
    HP / Liter 52.6

1995 Ford Mustang GT
    Year 1995
    Make Ford
    Model Mustang GT
    Engine Location Front
    Drive Type Rear Wheel
    Price $22,595.00

Performance
    0-60 mph 7.2 seconds.
    Top Speed 131 mph | 210.8 km/h

Engine
    Engine Configuration V
    Cylinder 8
    Aspiration/Induction Normal
    Displacement 302.00 CU IN. | 4949.8 cc. | 4.9 L.
    Valves 32 Valves
    4 valves per cylinder.
    Valvetrain OHV
    Power 215.00 HP @ 4200.00 RPM
    Torque 285.00 Ft-Lbs
    HP to Weight Ratio 16.4
    HP / Liter 43.9
    FORD SUCKS!
    The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Don't forget torque is a big factor. It'll get the Stang out of the hole faster.

Besides, you can only beat a V8 Stang half of the time and not all the time.

That's a good info. though.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

his has limited slip, good tires, cai, exhaust, short throw....he beats me off the line and i never win. but i never lose more than a carlength. i think with the same mods on my car i could kepp up. his weighs 200 more pounds
      The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

Tell him to get PI heads or some form of performance heads and he'll get a BIG boost. The main reason for thier lack of horsepower is because the ports on the heads are like pin holes [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

i will not help the mustang be faster. we call him the rainbow warrior

Comment

4 valves per cylinder.
            Valvetrain OHV
            How on earth do you get 4 valves per cylinder out of an OHV car? I have never heard of that before.

Alex
            1996 Camaro RS A4<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler with 2.5\" catback and cutout, SLP CAI, BMR STB

Comment

Must be a typo bc they are 2 valve motors, mach 1s are 4v and the new stangs are 3v
              EDIT: and i think 03 and 04 cobras are 4v as well

[ June 11, 2005, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: 99v6cam ]
              \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

Bolt on an Intake and Exhaust and you might take him ;)

Comment

i thinketh i could put up a fight

Comment

You forgot the biggest factor: transmission. I don't see what transmission for the stats you gave on either car. It's a pretty big difference on a 3.8 Camaro (with a good driver) and a HUGE difference on the Mustang. Interesting comparison though. Torque will also be a factor, as was mentioned.

You're also comparing the most recent Camaro V6 motor with an outdated Ford V8. The newer GT's have a 265 hp V8 and the hp/liter is 57.XX
                    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz:
                      You forgot the biggest factor: transmission. I don't see what transmission for the stats you gave on either car. It's a pretty big difference on a 3.8 Camaro (with a good driver) and a HUGE difference on the Mustang. Interesting comparison though. Torque will also be a factor, as was mentioned.

You're also comparing the most recent Camaro V6 motor with an outdated Ford V8. The newer GT's have a 265 hp V8 and the hp/liter is 57.XX
                      in 1995 those stats for the camaro were the same for some cars
                      95 mustang and 95 camaro
                      both are outdated
                      millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X