Kids and hot cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids and hot cars

For all of the young folks looking for that LS1..

This is an excerpt from a Washington Post article about three accidents over the weekend that killed 5 teens and injured several others. Please note the age of the driver and the car he was driving.

"In the Burtonsville crash, police are awaiting the results of toxicology tests conducted because, they say, there was a strong odor of alcohol in the 2004 Plymouth GTO destroyed there. Its driver, Robert Middaugh of Laurel, was less than a week shy of his 18th birthday. He had been driving east when he lost control of the car just before the light at McKnew Road. The skid marks curved right, then left, then right, then vanished.

The car slammed into alight pole, grounded in a three-foot-wide concrete base, so hard that the base visibly shifted. The overhead intersection light whipsawed, with part of it shattering on the ground."

Please be careful with fast cars.

Is the Plymouth GTO a fast car?
    2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

plymouth prowler ...? i thought the Gto had a ls6 or something else, not a ls1
      99 WS6
      13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
      tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

has an ls2

and either it was a typo, or whoever wrote the article doesnt know that the GTO is pontiac
        RedlineVSix

Comment

kids die and yall argue about cars [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
          Fighting Texas Aggie Class 2008<br />3.4 t-top bird<br />K&N cai - Mangaflo 3in catback - 2.5in catco cat - Slect Coils - tb coolant bypass<br /><br />\"no matter how far we\'ve come, i cant wait to see tommrow\" LP

Comment

'04 GTO - LS1
            '05+ GTO - LS2

I'm only talking about the Pontiac GTO though.

Originally posted by AaronG:
            Did you not read? Drunk driver dies in car crash.
            2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Kids die in cars too... Not saying I never did anything where I almost died, and will never do anything.

But its always a good idea to look back and think twice about the consequences of spirited driving.

As for an ls1 or not, any car in a wreck@ 100 mph is likely going to kill or seriously injure you.

Comment

Originally posted by Denis:
                For all of the young folks looking for that LS1..

This is an excerpt from a Washington Post article about three accidents over the weekend that killed 5 teens and injured several others. Please note the age of the driver and the car he was driving.

"In the Burtonsville crash, police are awaiting the results of toxicology tests conducted because, they say, there was a strong odor of alcohol in the 2004 Plymouth GTO destroyed there. Its driver, Robert Middaugh of Laurel, was less than a week shy of his 18th birthday. He had been driving east when he lost control of the car just before the light at McKnew Road. The skid marks curved right, then left, then right, then vanished.

The car slammed into alight pole, grounded in a three-foot-wide concrete base, so hard that the base visibly shifted. The overhead intersection light whipsawed, with part of it shattering on the ground."

Please be careful with fast cars.
                fast cars dont kill kids, or people for that matter. Stupidity does.

The LS1 in that GTO did not kill the kid. Being drunk did.

place blame on where it due. I usually dont give other people slack for mistakes like that because i am smart enougn to not make those mistakes.

take responsiblility for your actions, and quit trying to blame someone else.

Denis, this was not projected at you, just a rant of mine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
                  '04 GTO - LS1
                  '05+ GTO - LS2

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AaronG:
                  Did you not read? Drunk driver dies in car crash. </font>[/QUOTE]ya i read, he was 17 drunk and speeding. just me but kinda seems like the wrong place to bash the editors car knowlage.
                  Fighting Texas Aggie Class 2008<br />3.4 t-top bird<br />K&N cai - Mangaflo 3in catback - 2.5in catco cat - Slect Coils - tb coolant bypass<br /><br />\"no matter how far we\'ve come, i cant wait to see tommrow\" LP

Comment

Originally posted by AaronG:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
                    '04 GTO - LS1
                    '05+ GTO - LS2

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AaronG:
                    Did you not read? Drunk driver dies in car crash. </font>[/QUOTE]ya i read, he was 17 drunk and speeding. just me but kinda seems like the wrong place to bash the editors car knowlage. </font>[/QUOTE]Yup lets not test the media accuracy. We'd find WAY too many problems. Bash the media constantly, call them on their bull****, and maybe, just maybe they will stop publishing bull****.
                    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Snuffalofogus:
                      Denis, this was not projected at you, just a rant of mine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      No offense taken. My original post was just to ask the members of this board to be careful, especially since the average age here skews a bit low. I see some folks planning a move up to the LT1 or LS1 because the 6 is too slow, where I've found that it's quick enough and fast enough to do the job under most normal driving situations. I don't think that everyone fully appreciates the power that can be found in some of these cars and they're not always prepared to deal with the situations that may arise if they get careless. I realize the driver was allegedly drunk, but that's also the type of poor choices we all make from time to time.

The cars involved in the other two accidents were a Laser and a Jetta.

Comment

#1. Plymouth is dead.

#2. Plymouth was owned by Chrysler, not GM.

gotta love reliable news reporting :rolleyes:
                        \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

Kids with fast cars dont kill.

Stupid kids with fast cars does.

Same goes for guns. Guns dont kill people. People with guns kill people.

Comment

stupid kids with anything kills. do you think those honda drivers dieing in street racing accidents are fast? no, it has nothing to do with fast cars.
                            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 97V6Camaro:
                              People with guns kill people.
                              I have guns and I don't kill people....maybe you mean stupid people with guns kill people.
                              <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X