Dodge vs. Ford: Who wins? (Everyone's OK) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodge vs. Ford: Who wins? (Everyone's OK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge vs. Ford: Who wins? (Everyone's OK)

Well when it' a 6200lb Dodge 2500 vs a 3200lb Ford taurus, surely the Dodge wins
    http://mdhines.redlinebillings.com/g...010010%7E3.JPG
    http://mdhines.redlinebillings.com/g...010005%7E5.JPG

The wife was driving our Dodge - she's ok. The other driver and her daughter are ok. My wife was given the R.O.W. citation becuase it was an uncontroled (open, stopsign-less) intersection and the taurus was coming from the right. The driver of the taurus wasn't even the owner of the car, had no license, and the car's owner (her aunt) had no registration or insurance. The taurus' driver didn't even slow down (from well over the speedlimit) going thru the uncontrolled intersection. Dawn had slowed down to about 15 mph to go thru the intersection but didn't see the Taurus.

Airbags didn't deploy either.

That made a sh*tty monday even ****tier, but at least everyone's OK.
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

dodge hardly has a scratch [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
    I [img]graemlins/love.gif[/img] dodge

glad to hear everyone's ok.
    RedlineVSix

Comment

HTF was your wife cited when she had no stop sign and the other car was turning?
      2000 GTP<br />Pulley, Intake<br />ET - 14.02<br />Trap - 97.15

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD.:
        HTF was your wife cited when she had no stop sign and the other car was turning?
        it's an uncontrolled intersection - meaning the person to the right has right of way, and the taurus was coming from the right.

The ticket is the least of our concerns now - waiting for the insurance company to determine fault is what we're doing now. Based on how that goes, we may fight the ticket, because that lady should NOT have been on the road.
        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

That sucks. Your in for a headache ... and I think thats being optimistic. Glad to hear that no one was hurt.

Comment

Michigan is a no fault state
            sometimes good, sometimes bad
            glad everyone was ok, how much damage is actually on the truck, or does the picture show it all
            still probably cost close to 1,000 to fix it the way new cars are :rolleyes:
            my mom had someone back into her car, dented the hood and knocked the light loos, was like 950 bucks
            millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

It's a differnt situation because it's an open, uncontrolled intersection. Meaning it has no stopsigns or yeild signs - kind of a go-at-your-own-risk type of thing. Supposedly the law says that the person to the right has right of way

The bumper was pushed in about 2-3" and up about 1". The upward push cracked the plastic grille. I found a replacement bumper, brackets and grille for $500-600 and I can install it myself on a saturday with some hand tools.

Long live big, heavy American trucks :D

Comment

Gosh, if you were talking about Mass. The greater the mass the greater the impact. Dodge wins over Taurus.

But if you take Ford's biggest truck compare to Dodge biggest truck. Ford wins.

Ford's biggest truck is heavier and slightly bigger than Dodge's. Ford's truck are built Ford tough.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor:
                  Gosh, if you were talking about Mass. The greater the mass the greater the impact. Dodge wins over Taurus.

But if you take Ford's biggest truck compare to Dodge biggest truck. Ford wins.

Ford's biggest truck is heavier and slightly bigger than Dodge's. Ford's truck are built Ford tough.
                  I think you missed the overall point of the post.... [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    4 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X